P4P800 dlx and VIA RAID 1.2 driver update

Old July 11th 03, 07:56 AM
MikeM

Default P4P800 dlx and VIA RAID 1.2 driver update

Judging by the one liner in the readme "System BIOS must integrate VIA
controller BIOS" it looks like we'll need ASUS to release a system bios to
update the VIA controllers bios as they did with 1007 I believe.

Mike

"MikeM" wrote in message
. com...
The 1.20 VIA RAID controller update includes a new BIOS update to 1.20,
anyone know how to update the controllers BIOS. There doesn't appear to

be
a tool or directions in the zip.

Mike

Old July 11th 03, 11:40 PM
Dolp

There's a beta bios in ftp.asuscom.de, ver. 1009.3 and this bios will also
update the VIA controller bios.

However, some ppl said that they experienced problems in using RAID system
with this bios update.

"MikeM" ¦b¶l¥ó
. com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Old July 16th 03, 07:42 AM
Friedrich Bloeser

I installed the 1009.3 bios last night, it updates the VIA bios to 1.20,
BUT then I was no longer able to access the ATA133 disk connected as
master on the VIA IDE channel 1, just the ATA100 disk on VIA IDE channel 2.
I had to step back to Asus bios 1008 :-(

-fritz

Dolp wrote:
: There's a beta bios in ftp.asuscom.de, ver. 1009.3 and this bios will also
: update the VIA controller bios.

: However, some ppl said that they experienced problems in using RAID system
: with this bios update.

: "MikeM" ¦b¶l¥ó
: . com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
: Judging by the one liner in the readme "System BIOS must integrate VIA
: controller BIOS" it looks like we'll need ASUS to release a system bios to
: update the VIA controllers bios as they did with 1007 I believe.
:
: Mike
: