19" CRT monitor recommendation

Old April 2nd 04, 11:14 AM
lizard

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:55:11 +0100, Parish wrote:

BTW, what resolution do you use? I find 1280x1024 the best; 1600x1200 is
a bit too much for me. Interestingly my Dell laptop with a 15.1" TFT
runs at a native 1440x1050 and is just as easy to use but put the two
side by side and everything on the Dell desktop looks about half the size.

I run it at 1600x1200 but I am using it with my Linux desktop, I find
1280x1024 too small and squashed but then 1600x1200 in Windows seems
very sparse so I usually run it at a bit lower res when I have to use that
side of things.

Ever tried it at 2048x1536? :-)

I have tried the higher resolutions but the flicker drives me insane and
it seems to push the monitor a bit too much and the picture
quality/definition seems to suffer quite a bit so 1600x1200 seems like the
best of everything.

Lizard

Old April 2nd 04, 11:20 AM
Graham H

"lizard" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 01:20:36 +0100, Parish wrote:

I took yours comments on board, squeezed a little more, and just
ordered a new 192 Liyama Vision Master Pro 454 from Scan (£232 + £10
delivery).

Just to make it a bit less painful for you, my 454 cost £100 more than
that just over a year ago.

I paid about 240 for mine 18 months ago Lizard

LOL,
Well these prices look silly now when you consider that i paid over £700 for
my 19" Hitachi CM751ET.
However that was back in 1997 !!!!!
Regards,
Graham......

Old April 2nd 04, 06:48 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Tone-EQ" wrote:

...and yes, you can see the difference. I go to work and stare at the Dell
monitor @ 85Hz and it flickers, at least it seems like it does compared to
my monitor.

I bought a 19" CRT several months ago, eventually going for this:
http://tinyurl.com/3duc7
(Read my review for more details.)

Would of been my choice too. Currently working on a Mitsubishi
Diamond Plus I purchased around five years ago; it's probably the
oldest piece of computer equipment I own and has outlasted five or six
PCs but it's probably the only item of hardware I have no plans to
upgrade either! ;-)

I think Novatech stock your model as well but think it was around
£300, someway out of the OPs price range. Personally I'd either bite
the bullet or hang on until I could afford it. Better £300 well spent
than £150 wasted imho.

--
iv Paul iv

Old April 7th 04, 07:31 PM
Joe Josephs

"Individual.NET" wrote in message
Cannot make up my mind which one to go for. Most likely to be used at
1600x1200 or 1280x1024 for office type application and some games, but
nothing too fancy. Good picture quality the top priority.

Ideally would like to buy from Novatech
(http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/M...x1y0z1p0s0n0m0) as

already have several other items that I plan to order from them, so can
combine P&P.

Budget around £150-175

Any advice will be much appreciated.

TIA,

J.

Good choice, Iiyama. My Vision Master Pro 450 is about 5 years old, cost
£650 (!!!) but has outlasted 4 PCs upgrades. 1280 * 1024 @100Hz. - perfect.
Joe

Old April 12th 04, 10:30 AM
Michael Rodgers

"Parish" wrote in message
Just to make it a bit less painful for you, my 454 cost £100 more than
that just over a year ago.

Mine was, afaik, £360 about 2 years ago.

Worth every penny, a fantastic monitor.