Best way to connect pc to tv

Old July 9th 07, 03:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Best way to connect pc to tv

I have an older pc and I want to connect it to a tv instead of a
monitor. I am not too concerned about the quality but wanted to know
the cheapest way to connect it preferably under $15. My computer only
has a serial port and vga port. Is there a cable that I could get
that would work and be able to connect vga on the computer to rca on
the tv?

Old July 9th 07, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

wrote:
I have an older pc and I want to connect it to a tv instead of a
monitor. I am not too concerned about the quality but wanted to know
the cheapest way to connect it preferably under $15. My computer only
has a serial port and vga port. Is there a cable that I could get
that would work and be able to connect vga on the computer to rca on
the tv?

"Converter cables" are a scam. They require a special mode from the
video card. Nobody will be able to tell you, whether the video card
can do it or not. The converter cable is cheap (Ebay is littered with
them), but will likely sit in your junk box.

This is a scan converter. It converts VGA to TV. This can be pretty
cheap, if you can find one. The controls on the box are handy, for
positioning the image.

http://www.kworldcomputer.com/kworld...w.nsf/h/pctotv
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/image...fa156010.L.jpg

Some reviews at the bottom of this page.

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Converte...3746938&sr=8-7

That model seems to be discontinued, so maybe you can find one on Ebay.
Here it is listed at $43, but another place listed them at $35.

http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts...CODE=VCKW-PCTV

One listed here for $49. Second link is their resellerratings entry.
http://www.fticomputer.com/scripts/d...CODE=VCKW-PCTV
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/FTIcomputer

The Kworld 1600 is more recent, but reviews seem worse.

Good luck,
Paul
Old July 9th 07, 11:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DaveW[_4_]

If you are limited to $15, you can give up the project. It can't be done
for that amount. You would have to install a video card that has a
component out or S-VHS output. It sounds like your computer may be too old
to even accept a stand alone video card...

--
---------------------
DaveW
ups.com...

Old July 11th 07, 07:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ed Cregger[_3_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an older pc and I want to connect it to a tv instead of a
monitor. I am not too concerned about the quality but wanted to know
the cheapest way to connect it preferably under $15. My computer only
has a serial port and vga port. Is there a cable that I could get
that would work and be able to connect vga on the computer to rca on
the tv?

Don't waste your time. There is nothing worth watching on TV anyway. G

Ed Cregger