HP Laserjet IIIP Corona Wire

Old April 8th 04, 08:35 PM
Frank Henderson

Default HP Laserjet IIIP Corona Wire

Could anyone tell me how to access the corona wire in an HP Laserjet IIIP?
Is it inside the cartridge by any chance? I downloaded what was supposed to
be a IIIP manual, but it doesn't seem to pertain to what I have. I just want
to clean it to try to cut down on a streak up the right side of the paper.

Frank

Old April 8th 04, 09:27 PM
Frank Henderson

Excuse me. The LEFT side of the paper.

--
Frank Henderson
(I've totally eliminated spam via www.spamarrest.com.

Old April 9th 04, 05:12 AM
Don

I used to have one of those a *long* time ago :-) I don'r remember ever
having to clean the corona wire, although I did have to run the cleaning
cycle periodically. In case you don't have the information on the cleaning
cycle, see the reference below (but watch out for wrap in the URL). If the
streak is a black streak, that sounds more like dirty rollers and other
parts in the paper path. The cleaning cycle prints a "cleaning page" and
then uses that page upside-down, as I recall. I don't know why it worked,
but it did take care of black streaks.

Don

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ectID=bpl06139

Old April 9th 04, 08:53 AM
Alan

"Frank Henderson" wrote in message ...
Could anyone tell me how to access the corona wire in an HP Laserjet IIIP?
Is it inside the cartridge by any chance? I downloaded what was supposed to
be a IIIP manual, but it doesn't seem to pertain to what I have. I just want
to clean it to try to cut down on a streak up the right side of the paper.

The IIIP doesn't have a corona wire. See
http://www.printerworks.com/Printers/LaserJet_IIP_IIIP.html

Where did you find the manual you mention?
Old April 9th 04, 02:16 PM
Frank Henderson

www.2manuals.com Thanks for your help, fellows. I had bought this old thing
for our church from a company going out of business and didn't get any
literature with it at all. I've replaced several of the rollers, etc. but
didn't know about the no coronoa wire thing. Thanks again.

--
Frank