Call of Duty ok.

Old May 13th 04, 11:01 AM
Skybuck Flying

Default Call of Duty ok.

Well I must say I am amazed how well call of duty plays on my PIII 450 mhz
with the FX5200.

The graphics however are another story

It's not fair to compare this situation with AMD 2600+ and radeon 9000 and a
new monitor... since my current monitor is very old and dark by nature.

And I don't have that 'super machine' here so I can't make a good
comparision at this moment.. .but I will start the game later and take some
screenshots just in case and then compare them later on

The story goes as follows:

1. First I played in default 1024x786 with high textures etc etc... this was
pretty slow and sturring etc... so after 1 second I realized the graphics
were too high lol.. so I changed them.

2. Then I played at 640x480 with almost everything at low... this played
ok... but sometimes when shells drop a little stutter. Anyway.. this is very
ugly... it's amazing to see how ugly call of duty looks at this mode... low
resolution... low textures... etc... it looks like doom1 on 640x480 or blood
on steroids... there is just so much graphics and details going on that
cramping it in such a small space is ugggly.

3. Then I played at 800x600 with low textures... this look a bit better but
now the walls look like crap... hehehehe. too vague.

4. Then I played at 800x600 with normal textures... this looked acceptable
and enjoyable... though the dynamic lighting was set at objects only or
something... I am still not completely statisfied with these graphics since
they still looked less spectacular comparing to my experience on the amd
2600+... some months ago.

Since I am quite bored with call of duty and the demo just makes it even
more boring lol. I dont want to experiment that much more...

I can still remember how spectacular the lighting was when the anti-aircraft
guns fired... so I will play two more times...

1. with dynamic lighting etc.

and then

I will play one more time with higher graphics.

and then

One more time with insane high graphics just to see how the fx would look li
ke lol.

Hehe.