A7N8X-X front and back panel audio?

Old October 18th 03, 06:20 PM
JJ

Default A7N8X-X front and back panel audio?

(Chuk Goodin) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Paul wrote:
Nothing needs them to both be outputting at the same time, but if I have
the front panel input connected to the motherboard, I get no sound ouput
from the back panel -- this is whether or not I have anything (speakers or
headphone) plugged into the front panel jack. I would like to be able to
use either the front or the back panel (not both simultaneously).

Currently, I can only use one or the other.

I have now set it back to the standard (output to the back panel) and got
a pair of speakers with a headphone jack.

Ok, now I get what you are saying. When you connect the case front
audio cable, sound NEVER comes out of the rear EVER. Sound only comes
from the front connector. This is because the case audio is NOT
"Intel Compatible". Such a case audio solution is missing the
wires to drive BLine_Out_R and BLine_Out_L.

If you want a solution that is "Intel Compatible", buy an Asus
J-Panel, as it will have the proper type of jack on the front.
The jack has three connections for the L,R, Gnd that operate
the plug when it is plugged in, as well as a couple of switch
contacts used to return the BLine_Out_R and BLine_Out_L.

Sorry to jump in on this thread. My case isn't "Intel Compatible"
either, having no wires for BLine_Out_R and BLine_Out_L.

Can I do anything myself to sort it out to utilise the case's front
panel audio AND have it coming out of the speakers (though not at the
same time).