New 197.13 Driver Fixes Fan Speed Issue

Old March 18th 10, 12:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Default New 197.13 Driver Fixes Fan Speed Issue

WHQL-candidate driver that fixes the fan speed issue.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...it_197.13.html

Drivers for other OSes can be found through nVidia's driver picker menus.

Finally adds FSAA override support for Mass Effect 2 two months after game
release (the user no longer has to rename the exe).

Old March 18th 10, 06:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skipai Otter[_2_]

"First of One" wrote in message
WHQL-candidate driver that fixes the fan speed issue.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...it_197.13.html

Drivers for other OSes can be found through nVidia's driver picker menus.

Finally adds FSAA override support for Mass Effect 2 two months after game
release (the user no longer has to rename the exe).

Dunno, I wait and see how it goes with wow and all and the whole fan thing.
Been a while that I've actually hesitate to actually install a new driver
from nvidia so I stick with the one I have at present since it works.

--
Skipai

Old March 18th 10, 09:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tom Lake

"First of One" wrote in message
WHQL-candidate driver that fixes the fan speed issue.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...it_197.13.html

Drivers for other OSes can be found through nVidia's driver picker menus.

It's not available for 64-bit Win 7 yet. I hope it is soon!

Tom Lake

Old March 18th 10, 09:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tom Lake

"Tom Lake" wrote in message

"First of One" wrote in message
WHQL-candidate driver that fixes the fan speed issue.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...it_197.13.html

Drivers for other OSes can be found through nVidia's driver picker menus.

It's not available for 64-bit Win 7 yet. I hope it is soon!

Tom Lake

Well, for the first time in my life, I was wrong (ha!)
The drive is available but the normal download section doesn't have it yet.
Here is the 64-bit URL:

Old March 19th 10, 01:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Anonymous

Tom Lake wrote:
WHQL-candidate driver that fixes the fan speed issue.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...it_197.13.html

Drivers for other OSes can be found through nVidia's driver picker menus.

It's not available for 64-bit Win 7 yet. I hope it is soon!

The drive is available but the normal download section doesn't have it yet.

The normal download section doesn't (and won't) have the driver because
it is beta.
Old March 19th 10, 02:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Is it beta (not fully tested by nVidia) or just WHQL-candidate?

WHQL "certification" is bull**** by the way, because the certification
authority is Microsoft, which does not have a good track record with
bug-free software.