P4C800-E Crucial DDR PC3200

Old September 6th 03, 08:15 PM
Jeff F

Default P4C800-E Crucial DDR PC3200

Are there any known problems with Crucial DDR PC3200 for the Asus P4C800-E
Deluxe Motherboard.
I dont plan OC at this time just want to get up and running.

CASE ANTEC Sever Tower PLUS1080AMG/430w
Asus P4C800-E
2.8GHz, 800-MHz
Audigy 2 Creative Sound Blaster
Memory/?
Viedo/?
--
"I am Rygel XVI Dominar to over six hundred billion people, I don't need to
talk to you."

Old September 7th 03, 10:05 PM
John Smith

No personal experience yet, but it looks like you could experience
problems with 4 sticks.

just my 2cts

Old November 27th 03, 04:08 PM
Mike

I just built a system with 2 of the Crucial 3200 DDR & it worked fine. I
have had nothing but trouble with the Corsair XMS Twin matched 512 mb sets.
I have RMA's them 3 times & still no luck.

Mike
"Jeff F" wrote in message
Are there any known problems with Crucial DDR PC3200 for the Asus

P4C800-E
Deluxe Motherboard.
I dont plan OC at this time just want to get up and running.

CASE ANTEC Sever Tower PLUS1080AMG/430w
Asus P4C800-E
2.8GHz, 800-MHz
Audigy 2 Creative Sound Blaster
Memory/?
Viedo/?
--
"I am Rygel XVI Dominar to over six hundred billion people, I don't need

talk to you."

---

Old November 27th 03, 04:42 PM
Mike

I just used 2 Crucial 512md pc3200's in this MB w/ P-4 2.8 800 fsb. No
problems at all. I am still having a problem w/ Corsair XMS Twin series of
"matched" 512mb strips. I've RMA'd them 3x & still no luck.

Mike

Old November 27th 03, 07:29 PM
FairMan

"Jeff F" wrote in message
Are there any known problems with Crucial DDR PC3200 for the Asus

P4C800-E
Deluxe Motherboard.
I dont plan OC at this time just want to get up and running.

CASE ANTEC Sever Tower PLUS1080AMG/430w
Asus P4C800-E
2.8GHz, 800-MHz
Audigy 2 Creative Sound Blaster
Memory/?
Viedo/?
--
"I am Rygel XVI Dominar to over six hundred billion people, I don't need

talk to you."

---

You are probably using the original bios. Update to 1011 and you'll find
that it works perfect. The timings on Corsair are tought.
Even with the early bios Corsair worked but only if you overclocked 10 or
20 percent. Strange but true.
With original bios and default settings I couldn't run more than 2 minutes
in MemTest. Overclocked to 20 % it worked perfect.
With bios 1011 I can run for years with default settings in bios.
Worth a try ?

FairMan