Installing Multiple Video Cards

Old February 7th 04, 12:41 PM
Megman

Default Installing Multiple Video Cards

I have a G4 Ti4600 AGP running with Windows XP. I would like to install an
old Voodoo 3 in a PCI Slot so that I will be able to run older Glide Games
(swap the monitor connection between each card).

Will this work?

Old February 7th 04, 03:46 PM
Gordieee

Yeah, should do; xp should be fine for switching between the 2 between
restarts; only problem I can forsee are driver conflicts; but you can't just
change from card to card in XP without a restart as far as I'm aware, but
maybe (hopefully) this will be proved wrong by someone soon...

"Megman" wrote in message
I enjoy Rolos..
Will this work?

Old February 7th 04, 05:17 PM
Outback Jon

Megman wrote:
I have a G4 Ti4600 AGP running with Windows XP. I would like to
install an old Voodoo 3 in a PCI Slot so that I will be able to run
older Glide Games (swap the monitor connection between each card).

Will this work?

Should work. But you'll have to switch the primary display device each time
you want to change monitor. I did it with a GeForce3 and a Voodoo3. But I
didn't try to play games on the second one. I used it to run a second
monitor. Windows handled it just fine.

--
"Outback" Jon Gould | Let those who RIDE,
2003 Kawasaki Concours (wreck)|
| HELMET LAWS SUCK
CQ CQ CQ de KC2BNE |
______________________________|___________________ _________
AMD XP 2400+ @ 2180 MHz 768M PC2100 DDR @ 290 MHz
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe 120GB and 40GB Maxtor HD
Asus GeForceFX 5600 (320/640) Cornerstone 21" Monitor
Sony 52x40x52 CDRW HP D3857A 15" Monitor
Sony 16x40 DVD-ROM Nostromo n50 Speedpad

Old February 9th 04, 02:01 AM
Jonathan

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:46:57 +0000, Gordieee wrote:

Yeah, should do; xp should be fine for switching between the 2 between
restarts; only problem I can forsee are driver conflicts; but you can't just
change from card to card in XP without a restart as far as I'm aware, but
maybe (hopefully) this will be proved wrong by someone soon...

"Megman" wrote in message
I enjoy Rolos..
Will this work?

Yeah, Iused to run a dual card with an old VooDoo and my Gforce4Ti4200. It
ran fine. There is annother thing you may want to try, I remember there
being a program that allowed you to switch between the two cards while
under windows without having to restart, if I can find it again I'll
re-post here with the link to it, if it is a pruchase type program I'll
post with a key too.