Trying to watch TV on second monitor...

Old September 20th 04, 12:07 PM
Mattie

Default Trying to watch TV on second monitor...

Hello,

Here's my situation:

Monitor 1:
- Medion MD1998PB 19" @ 1024 x 768 @ 32-bits colordepth @ 100 Hertz
- Running on MEDION RADEON 9600 TX

Monitor 2:
- ADI MicroScan 4V 15" @ 1024 x 768 @ 32-bits colordepts @ 75 Hertz
- Running on MEDION RADEON 9600 TX Secondary

I installed ATI CATALYST 4.8 drivers with the ATI controlpanel (tried
4.9, that didn't work properly).
My TV/Tuner card is MEDION TV-TUNER 7134 MK2/3.

The thing is when I am using CyberLink PowerCinema 2.0 powered by
MEDION, that I can watch TV on monitor 1, but as soon as I drag it to
monitor 2 the TV window turns black, but I keep hearing the TV. When I
drag Media Player with a random movie (DivX, etc.) to my second
monitor there is no problem at all. Also when I doubleclick on the
video for fullscreen mode, the movie goes fullscreen on the second
monitor without any problems. When I try to doubleclick on the black
TV screen on monitor 2, it goes fullscreen on monitor 1 (!) and then I
see the TV again. I tried several settings with the ATI control panel,
but no luck.

Does anybody have experienced the same problem/situation and/or knows
how to solve it? Thanks it advance!

Yours,

Mattie
Old September 20th 04, 01:11 PM
Noozer

The thing is when I am using CyberLink PowerCinema 2.0 powered by
MEDION, that I can watch TV on monitor 1, but as soon as I drag it to
monitor 2 the TV window turns black, but I keep hearing the TV.

Won't work... ATI won't write dual monitor drivers.

I know it's possible because I've seen in with other TV Tuner cards.

Keep the TV on the main monitor.

Old September 20th 04, 06:14 PM
Geoff

Mattie wrote:
[...]

i'm using err mm200 (bt878 chipset) tv card, no problems on either screen,
although no overlay on my third screen, i can view dvd's normal on my
primary ati, on both outputs no prob, no output on my matrox (not
surprisingly, black)

ati 9800 pro (output to monitor and tv)
matrox mystique 220 4 meg (extra monitor)

the double click for full screen on monitor 2 and it full screens to monitor
1 is a cyberlink thing, get new version of the software it should fix that

try using amcap to play around, you should be able to get that working for
the tv in
dunno why it goes black on second screen

Old September 20th 04, 06:41 PM
Mattie

"Noozer" wrote in message news:gOz3d.477518$gE.138066@pd7tw3no...
The thing is when I am using CyberLink PowerCinema 2.0 powered by
MEDION, that I can watch TV on monitor 1, but as soon as I drag it to
monitor 2 the TV window turns black, but I keep hearing the TV.

Won't work... ATI won't write dual monitor drivers.

I know it's possible because I've seen in with other TV Tuner cards.

Keep the TV on the main monitor.

I had it working once... So I know it's possible. I'm not sure which
drivers I had installed back then. I am currently running Windows XP
Professional SP2 btw (so with DirectX 9.0c). I really would like to
have it back, so I can watch TV on monitor 2, while doing other stuff
on the main monitor...

So you are suggesting that it has to do with the drivers? What should
I do?
Old September 20th 04, 08:32 PM
PhxGrunge

"Mattie" wrote in message
m...
"Noozer" wrote in message
The thing is when I am using CyberLink PowerCinema 2.0 powered by
MEDION, that I can watch TV on monitor 1, but as soon as I drag it to
monitor 2 the TV window turns black, but I keep hearing the TV.

Won't work... ATI won't write dual monitor drivers.

I know it's possible because I've seen in with other TV Tuner cards.

Keep the TV on the main monitor.

I had it working once... So I know it's possible. I'm not sure which
drivers I had installed back then. I am currently running Windows XP
Professional SP2 btw (so with DirectX 9.0c). I really would like to
have it back, so I can watch TV on monitor 2, while doing other stuff
on the main monitor...

So you are suggesting that it has to do with the drivers? What should
I do?

Put the monitors into extended desktop mode, then drag the window over.

It will not show on clone mode, don't use Hydravision.

Old September 21st 04, 12:34 PM
Mattie

"Geoff" wrote in message ...
Mattie wrote:
[...]

What is amcap? The problem with my PC is that I have a customized
version of CyberLinks' PowerCinema. It's customized by MEDION so that
it works for my MEDION TV card with a Philips chipset. So I guess I
can't just download the latest PowerCinema from CyberLink.
Old September 21st 04, 06:10 PM
J. Clarke

PhxGrunge wrote:

"Mattie" wrote in message
m...
"Noozer" wrote in message
[...]

What won't show in clone mode? Go to overlay and set either "same on all"
or "theater mode" depending on whether you want it in a window or full
screen on the second display.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old September 21st 04, 07:36 PM
PhxGrunge

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
PhxGrunge wrote:

"Mattie" wrote in message
m...
"Noozer" wrote in message
[...]

Because, in clone mode, overlay is only available on the primary display,
not both.

Old September 21st 04, 11:59 PM
J. Clarke

PhxGrunge wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
PhxGrunge wrote:

"Mattie" wrote in message
m...
"Noozer" wrote in message
[...]

While this is a true statement it has no bearing on the issue. If you
display TV on the primary display in clone mode and if you on the primary
display go to the overlay settings and select either "same on both" or
"theater mode", then TV will display on both monitors.