"ATI WDM Rage Theater Video"

Old October 3rd 03, 06:57 PM
Huh ?

Default "ATI WDM Rage Theater Video"

Win XP Pro

Sapphire 9600np 256mb

"ATI WDM Rage Theater Video" has a yellow ! next to it in device manager.
"This device cannot start. (Code 10).

Any help appreciated.

Old October 3rd 03, 09:22 PM
Huh ?

Thanks for the reply.
I'm running the Cat 3.7 drivers and the WDM Capture Drivers are supposed
to be part of the package. Are they not installed when one does an Express
(recommended) setup ?

k.net...

Old October 4th 03, 03:01 AM
JY

"Huh ?" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks for the reply.
I'm running the Cat 3.7 drivers and the WDM Capture Drivers are supposed
to be part of the package. Are they not installed when one does an Express
(recommended) setup ?

Try removing the current driver completely before installing new one. We're
talkin' ATI software here. You can't expect it, or its installation, to
actually *work* properly.

k.net...

Old October 7th 03, 05:23 AM
Paradox

"Huh ?" wrote in message ...

Win XP Pro

Sapphire 9600np 256mb

"ATI WDM Rage Theater Video" has a yellow ! next to it in device manager.
"This device cannot start. (Code 10).

Any help appreciated.

I have the a 9600Pro, XP Pro and the same problem, and reinstalling doesn't
help, nor different drivers.

If there is a conflict I can't find it and the only explanations I haven't
yet tested is that either a] there is no capture chip on these cards or b]
there needs to be a DVI feed in before it will initialise. Either way the
card works just fine in all other ways.

Old October 7th 03, 05:45 AM
JAD

goto device manager highlight the theater driver that has ! goto: properties- driver- update driver- point to the ati/support
folder(or where you have the drivers)

Old October 7th 03, 07:21 AM
Paradox

"JAD" wrote in message
nk.net...
goto device manager highlight the theater driver that has ! goto:

properties- driver- update driver- point to the ati/support
folder(or where you have the drivers)

Thanks, but I've done that [and retried it now] and it doesn't work.

Cheers
Rob

Old October 7th 03, 07:23 AM
JAD

You know I figured but no one mentioned that so,,,,when these drivers go to crap it really does, there maybe something to the
native drivers dropping some files in the system folder with weird names so they are hard to ID. Was trying o find the URL,it was a
forum

nk.net...

Old October 7th 03, 10:30 AM
patrickp

"Huh ?" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks for the reply.
I'm running the Cat 3.7 drivers and the WDM Capture Drivers are supposed
to be part of the package. Are they not installed when one does an Express
(recommended) setup ?

k.net...

"Huh ?" wrote in message

Win XP Pro

Sapphire 9600np 256mb

"ATI WDM Rage Theater Video" has a yellow ! next to it in device

manager.
"This device cannot start. (Code 10).

Any help appreciated.

Huh, all the all-in-one Cat 3.x driver sets they've produced except the
original 3.0 release seem to have been problematic, and I've noticed other
mentions of the capture drivers not installing properly with the 3.7 one.

Try uninstalling (preferably having a system clearout) and install the
separate capture and display drivers, and (if you want) the control panel -
it's also better to the old capture - don't reboot - display - reboot -
control panel - reboot order; rather than the new one of display - reboot -
control panel - reboot - capture - reboot. It might be a good idea before
you install to have a look in Device Manager in Safe Mode (or I think
there's some sort of show all mode in XP?), and remove any references to the
ATI WDM Rage Theater Video or Specialized MVD WDM VBI Codec there,
particularly if you have multiple instances. Bear in mind that this will
cause your system to try to reinstall them on every boot and you'll have to
cancel out - this is not much hassle if you install the capture drivers
first but gets to be if you use ATi's current recommended order.

I don't know whether the all-in-one driver unpacks as different folders or
as one big folder, but it occurs to me that if it's one big folder, the
separates will give you the added advantage of having a specific folder for
the capture drivers in case you do need to install them manually.

HTH patrickp

need help configuring home video editing PC Juan Homebuilt PC's 39 May 7th 04 12:43 PM
A graphics card with video capture Hupjack Homebuilt PC's 14 April 7th 04 09:15 PM
Video computer questions Eddie W. Stroud Ati Videocards 13 October 27th 03 09:43 PM
Video Card Help SteveC General 1 October 20th 03 07:08 AM
recording video to VCR from PC with All in Wonder card? Laurence Wilmer Ati Videocards 8 July 14th 03 10:40 AM