"Autoscan" button greyed out in TV channels initialisation wizard.

Old September 28th 03, 08:25 PM
Ian Roberts

Default "Autoscan" button greyed out in TV channels initialisation wizard.

I'm just trying to setup the TV of my 8500DV using MMC 8.5 under Win XP Pro.

When I start TV, the TV channels initialisation wizard starts and I get to
the page for selecting Fast Search or exhaustive search but whichever one I
choose the autoscan button is greyed out so I am unable to proceed.

Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this.

Thanks for any info.

Ian

Old September 29th 03, 11:22 AM
Ian Roberts

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
you chose a country?

Hi JAD

Thanks for replying.

Aha! I've just realised that the region box in step 1 should give me a list
of countries - but its blank. If I click on the drop down button the list
is empty. So this is probably why the autoscan is greyed out.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Ian

Old September 30th 03, 07:24 PM
patrickp

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
you chose a country?

Hi JAD

Thanks for replying.

Aha! I've just realised that the region box in step 1 should give me a

list
of countries - but its blank. If I click on the drop down button the list
is empty. So this is probably why the autoscan is greyed out.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Ian

You would appear to be in the UK, Ian, so could it be that you've upgraded
to DX 9.0b? The well known PAL tuner killer?

See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;825116.

patrickp

Old October 1st 03, 09:33 AM
Ian Roberts

"patrickp" - take five to email me wrote in
message ...

snip...

You would appear to be in the UK, Ian, so could it be that you've upgraded
to DX 9.0b? The well known PAL tuner killer?

See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;825116.

patrickp

Hey patrickp

Thanks! That did the trick. I'm very grateful to you for the info and the
link. I didnt know about this.

Guess I havent got my finger on the pulse after all!

Although I'm now able to autoscan and its picked up 11 channels - none of
them are useable - black fuzzy screens and noise.

Ive checked the video settings for each channel - for some reason NTSC is
always selected - even though I chose UK region prior to the autoscan.
Anyway even after trying all the PAL options I still dont see a picture.

The odd thing is, when I come out of setup and just switch through the TV
channels the broadcast appears for a brief second and then it reverts to
mush. So its picking up something but not hanging to to it.

I suspect I may have a poor signal feed so I'll have a go with another
aerial cable.

Thanks again.

Ian