DOOM 3...Good News for Lame Gaming PC's running DOOM 3....

Old July 22nd 04, 04:46 AM
)-()-(

Default DOOM 3...Good News for Lame Gaming PC's running DOOM 3....

like mine:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Read the Last Paragraph

" For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
in experiencing DOOM 3. "

Old July 22nd 04, 05:30 AM
stanmc

)-()-( wrote:
like mine:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Read the Last Paragraph

" For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
in experiencing DOOM 3. "

Yes, but the big question is can this be played successfully on an
FX5200 with either 64 bit or 128 bit interface?
Old July 22nd 04, 11:17 AM
burchill

)-()-( wrote:
like mine:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Read the Last Paragraph

" For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
in experiencing DOOM 3. "

so my athlon xp 2100, 512 mb ram and geforce 4 ti4200 with 64 mb should
run it ok...

--
Eps
Old July 22nd 04, 12:08 PM
Shaun Pudwell

Ahh, but will it run on an FX5200 running with Win 98 and a PIII 500, I
seriously doubt it!

Shaun Pudwell.

Old July 22nd 04, 02:28 PM
Nada

")-()-(" wrote in message ...
like mine:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Read the Last Paragraph

" For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
in experiencing DOOM 3. "

That is subjective experience and not a fact. I won't really buy
that, unless they tried it with medium details and lower.
Old July 22nd 04, 03:10 PM
Granulated

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:08:19 +0100 "Shaun Pudwell" meeped
:

Ahh, but will it run on an FX5200 running with Win 98 and a PIII 500, I
seriously doubt it!

yeh..not with full deets, naturally..

OpenGL man...OPEN GL !!!
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Old July 22nd 04, 03:56 PM
Richard Dower

"Granulated" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:08:19 +0100 "Shaun Pudwell"
meeped
:

Ahh, but will it run on an FX5200 running with Win 98 and a PIII 500, I
seriously doubt it!

yeh..not with full deets, naturally..

OpenGL man...OPEN GL !!!

Dear god...you're here as well?
Get back to BB you animal!

:-)

Old July 22nd 04, 08:18 PM
CapFusion

"stanmc" wrote in message
gy.com...
Yes, but the big question is can this be played successfully on an
FX5200 with either 64 bit or 128 bit interface?

Yes, you can play but not ENJOYABLE.

CapFusion,...

Old July 22nd 04, 08:47 PM
stanmc

CapFusion wrote:
"stanmc" wrote in message
gy.com...

Yes, but the big question is can this be played successfully on an
FX5200 with either 64 bit or 128 bit interface?

Yes, you can play but not ENJOYABLE.

CapFusion,...

Sorry, I forgot to put in the wink emoticon. Seems that the FX5200
series really tears this newsgroup up. So here is the wink emoticon. ;-)
Old July 23rd 04, 08:49 PM
CapFusion

"stanmc" wrote in message
gy.com...
Sorry, I forgot to put in the wink emoticon. Seems that the FX5200
series really tears this newsgroup up. So here is the wink emoticon. ;-)

Since you mention it, I forgot mine too..... Here mine :`p

CapFusion,...