cheap monitor for a low end gaming system?

Old August 1st 03, 09:40 AM
Jon Danniken

Default cheap monitor for a low end gaming system?

"doug blaisdell" wrote:
I'm building a cheap gaming system with these parts, and I want advice
on a good but inexpensive monitor:

A7N8X deluxe rev 2. m/b
512 DDR PC3200 Corsair memory
Athlon Barton 2500 processor
Gigabyte Radeon 9200 video card
Antec 400W case & PSU

You've got a decent system there; you should put it to good use. If it was me,
I would go with a 21" or 22" Trinitron off-lease from these guys:
http://www.merkortech.com/

Jon

Old August 2nd 03, 04:28 AM
jm

"doug blaisdell" wrote in message
om...
I'm building a cheap gaming system with these parts, and I want advice
on a good but inexpensive monitor:

A7N8X deluxe rev 2. m/b
512 DDR PC3200 Corsair memory
Athlon Barton 2500 processor
Gigabyte Radeon 9200 video card
Antec 400W case & PSU

thanks in advance

I don't think I would call this low end, but if you are convinced it is, I
would search locally for used monitors.

Old August 2nd 03, 05:28 AM
Phil

I'm building a cheap gaming system with these parts, and I want advice
on a good but inexpensive monitor:

A7N8X deluxe rev 2. m/b
512 DDR PC3200 Corsair memory
Athlon Barton 2500 processor
Gigabyte Radeon 9200 video card
Antec 400W case & PSU

thanks in advance

Hi,

I don't call that a "low end" system. Don't go cheap on the monitor
but get the best one that your wallet allows. CRT monitors pretty
cheap now a day and you can get a good 21" for couple of hundred bucks
unless you want LCD. Remember, no matter how good the game is but if
your monitor does not display good images then you will not enjoy the
game at all.
Old August 2nd 03, 05:36 AM
ToolPackinMama

Phil wrote:

I'm building a cheap gaming system with these parts, and I want advice
on a good but inexpensive monitor:

A7N8X deluxe rev 2. m/b
512 DDR PC3200 Corsair memory
Athlon Barton 2500 processor
Gigabyte Radeon 9200 video card
Antec 400W case & PSU

thanks in advance

Hi,

I don't call that a "low end" system. Don't go cheap on the monitor
but get the best one that your wallet allows.

I love my Envision 19" flat screen CRT. Look into the Envision line.
Great bang/buck ratio.

CPU insertion causes system to shut down after a few seconds Ja General 22 July 12th 04 01:07 AM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking 333 November 27th 03 07:54 PM
Overheating Overclocking PSU System Temps Inifinite Loop Nick Le Lievre Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 27th 03 06:10 PM
Cheap gaming systems Rick General 1 July 8th 03 01:11 AM
Upgrading Older System Biff Homebuilt PC's 8 June 26th 03 04:38 AM