51.75 leaked

Old September 15th 03, 05:47 PM
JC

Default 51.75 leaked

For those interested, 3dchipset has leaded the 51.75 driver.
there is a lot of "noise" about and some might want to see for themselves.
http://www.techconnect.ws/download.p...echconnect.zip

JC

Old September 15th 03, 08:26 PM
Paul Hansford

well usual old BSOD for me with yet another new nvidia driver, i really wish
they would sort themselves out and plough some money into decent driver
development, how many times do they have to hear it grrr

Old September 15th 03, 08:42 PM
not me

It is a leaked driver...and not an official... Not to say it's not going to
be the official, but...

news

Old September 15th 03, 09:26 PM

Hi Paul,

The BSOD is usually indicitive of a very bad problem and not always related
entirely to video drivers. It would be nice if you could post your PC specs
to include operating system and we'll try and see if we can isolate your
problem. The BSOD error codes should be included as well as power supply
rating.

regards

Old September 15th 03, 09:33 PM
tHatDudeUK

"JC" wrote in message
For those interested, 3dchipset has leaded the 51.75 driver.
there is a lot of "noise" about and some might want to see for themselves.

http://www.techconnect.ws/download.p...echconnect.zip

That link gets me a 0mb file! Either it's busy or a hoax?

Old September 15th 03, 09:42 PM

Not a hoax, and that's a mirror site so the website probably is overloaded.
Try the 3D chipset site directly:

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/bet...a/nt5/5175.php

regards

Old September 15th 03, 09:52 PM
tHatDudeUK

"B" wrote in message
Not a hoax, and that's a mirror site so the website probably is

overloaded.
Try the 3D chipset site directly:

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/bet...a/nt5/5175.php

a.. Word has it this driver reduces image quality to increase frames per
second
a.. Controversial Driver rejected by Valve for use on Half Life 2 Benchmark
a.. English Language file present only in this beta release
a.. Controversial Driver used in the Aquamark3 previews
a.. All nVidia cards are supported in this release
a.. Files are dated: Aug 28, 2003
a.. WinZip Packaged

Hmmmmm. I think I'll be looking through all the old driver versions. Either
that or maybe this is ideal for my ailing ti4200 to get it faster?

Old September 15th 03, 09:39 PM

So far I'm running the drivers with no problems yet. The dual monitor setup
by default is a good idea with these drivers but executed poorly for a
beginner user. The drivers passed my testing so far and also passed several
in-depth games. I'm testing them a bit further with benchmarking. About 4400
on 3D Mark 2003 with an Athlon 2500 + FX 5800 (non ultra), and about 12000
on 3D Mark 2001 2nd edition with no overclocking (yet). Image quality does
not seem to be degraded as much as I've been told.

regards

Old September 15th 03, 10:50 PM
Lars A

I guess everybody should read this also:

http://www.m3dzone.com/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=2649

Lars A

Old September 15th 03, 11:42 PM
Danny

For those interested, 3dchipset has leaded the 51.75 driver.
there is a lot of "noise" about and some might want to see for themselves.

http://www.techconnect.ws/download.p...echconnect.zip

Nvidia claim these are the greatest drivers they've ever written...