This 3dMark01 a bit low for 5700 Ultra?

Old August 16th 04, 03:31 AM
lordy

Default This 3dMark01 a bit low for 5700 Ultra?

I get a 3dMark01 SE scores of bet 9750 and 9950 on

PNY 5700 Ultra 128 DDR2 (stock clock 300 Core/ 906 Mem)
Athlon XP 2400+ 133FSB
1G PC2700 DDR
ECS K7S5A mobo (I know, I know !)
Latest 61.77 Official NVidia Drivers Windows XP.
Dual Screen enabled.
AGP 4x

Not doing anything fancy but I expected higher scores. Am I missing
something ? New to all this,
just put my trusty Matrox G400 in storage

--
Lordy
Old August 16th 04, 03:49 AM
Biz

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .
I get a 3dMark01 SE scores of bet 9750 and 9950 on

PNY 5700 Ultra 128 DDR2 (stock clock 300 Core/ 906 Mem)
Athlon XP 2400+ 133FSB
1G PC2700 DDR
ECS K7S5A mobo (I know, I know !)
Latest 61.77 Official NVidia Drivers Windows XP.
Dual Screen enabled.
AGP 4x

Not doing anything fancy but I expected higher scores. Am I missing
something ? New to all this,
just put my trusty Matrox G400 in storage :

I dont usually comment on stupid benchmark posts, but it seems obvious your
system is dying with a 133FSB...

Old August 16th 04, 03:56 AM
PRIVATE1964

I dont usually comment on stupid benchmark posts, but it seems obvious your
system is dying with a 133FSB...

Yeah, but still at the most he would probably get around 1000 extra points with
faster ram and a higher fsb.
I had that motherboard, and switched to a NF7-S. My score went up a bit so I
think it's a combination of your motherboard, fsb and memory.
Old August 16th 04, 04:55 AM
Augustus

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .
I get a 3dMark01 SE scores of bet 9750 and 9950 on

PNY 5700 Ultra 128 DDR2 (stock clock 300 Core/ 906 Mem)
Athlon XP 2400+ 133FSB

Your system isn't as much of a dog as the previous posters would have you
believe. And it's a 266Mhz effective bus speed. Even P4 3.2 systems run a
"true" 200Mhz FSB (800Mhz quad pumped) On a Barton 3200 or 3 GHz P4 with a
gig of RAM a 5700 Ultra should bench in the 15,000+ range. You're getting
scores that my old Radeon 9100 did on a Barton 3200. I would expect a 5700
Ultra on your system to be in the 13,000+ range. I've seen two reviews
relevant your card and system; one an XP1800+ system clocked to slightly
above XP2200 speed, and the other a Barton 3200. These reviews ran 3DMark03,
and both ran the default 1024x768 benchmark at 3500 and 3950 respectively.
Another review with a P4 2.4 ran the bench at 3975. If I had to point a
finger somewhere, it would be at the ECS motherboard and associated chipset
drivers. Try benching it with 3DMark03 and see how it compares.

Old August 16th 04, 11:17 AM
lordy

"Biz" wrote in
:

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .
I get a 3dMark01 SE scores of bet 9750 and 9950 on

PNY 5700 Ultra 128 DDR2 (stock clock 300 Core/ 906 Mem)
Athlon XP 2400+ 133FSB
1G PC2700 DDR
ECS K7S5A mobo (I know, I know !)
Latest 61.77 Official NVidia Drivers Windows XP.
Dual Screen enabled.
AGP 4x

Not doing anything fancy but I expected higher scores. Am I missing
something ? New to all this,
just put my trusty Matrox G400 in storage :

I dont usually comment on stupid benchmark posts, but it seems obvious
your system is dying with a 133FSB...

It want just a "here look at my benchmark" - but from the score it was
obvious that something is not right. That FSB is 266 BTW (The standard XP
2400 T'Bred FSB). My Bad for the confusion.

--
Lordy
Old August 16th 04, 01:01 PM
sp

the latest driver release aint so good from nvidia. i use the 61.76 on my
gf fx5900xt (i know it aint the best but its good for what i use it for)
i'm running 512MB DDR333 which will soon be upgraded to DDR400 when i get
some cash but i get about 13000 in 3dmark2001 at default settings. even
with 4xAA it doesn't go below 10000. upgrade the processor so its on a
faster FSB (im not famiiliar with athlons so dont know how they work) and
the RAM to PC3200 and you should get a slight increase. but for quickness
downgrade to the 61.76 drivers.

sp

.. .

Old August 16th 04, 08:01 PM
YanquiDawg

Something ain't right.Did you have AA enabled?AA was disabled on mine which is
what most do I think.
My old system was in the mid 11k(11,490) range with a slower CPU but slightly
faster vid card.
The specs were
8kha+(KT266A)
1800+ XP@145FSB(1690)?
512 M DDR
20GB 7200 rpm Maxtor (2mb) hd
Old August 16th 04, 11:59 PM
PRIVATE1964

Think its time for a new mobo The DDR400/PC3200 Memory is already on its
way from Crucial. Any suggestions for a good Socket A mobo with 400FSB
around 70UKP or less!

I vote NF7-S