6800 Ultra for £20?

Old August 21st 04, 06:09 PM
#Sawdon#

I just recieved this email from 'Brett':

***
You really got owned didn't you.

I bet you feel like an idiot for coming onto the nvidia group with your spam
and thinking it was going to happen!

I liked the bit where that Les guy called you a dickhead , I thought that
was funny , perhaps because it's true?

Feel free to flame me back , then I can post your flame to the newsgroup and
we can all make fun of you again.

B.
***

A couple of points...

No, I didn't 'get owned', prick. I posted a suggestion, no-one was
interested, I was fine with that. I just didn't like people insulting me.
Like you just did, to my **private** email.

I didn't post 'spam'. Spam would be the kind of stuff that gets posted
across many newsgroups, or to peoples own email, trying to sell a service or
product to you. I didn't do that. This is the only place I posted. *I* was
interested to see if I could work this list scheme to see if I could get a
card. And I honestly thought some of you *might* be too, hence the reason I
explained why you would need to get referred. If I was hoping to scam you, I
would have ranted on about how this was a great deal, unmissable, and so on.
I didn't.

Les didn't call me a dickhead. YOU did. In the last post you made, remember?
If you read back, you'll see it, honestly. It's a shame when you can't tell
the difference between your own actions and somebody else's, must make life
difficult huh? If you read Les' post a bit more carefully, the statement
"What a dickhead" was copied from another post, written by somebody else,
about somebody else. Try putting some of that fervent energy you have for
insulting people into learning how to read properly.

"Feel free to flame me back". What are you saying? That you're flaming me
and openly admitting it? So exactly how is this any better than what I did?
I think it's far worse. You were all free to ignore my post, yet you send
insulting stuff to my private email. **Les, are you gonna report this guy
for abuse too?** Or all you all gonna behave like him and "make fun of me
again", like the genius suggested?

Lastly, this was dropped as far as I was concerned. No-one was interested,
cool. I wasn't sitting here crying into my coffee that I had lost my £20
because I hadn't managed to scam people. I showed you the site, told you the
deal, you weren't interested, end of subject. But this persistence of
insults is wholly uncalled for, and I think the majority of you will agree
with that, even if you disagreed with my original post. I really don't think
I was being a dickhead. I don't think anyone here was, even the ones who
told me I was being suckered, scammed, etc. I think there's only ONE person
in this who has acted like a dickhead, and - if you think really, really
hard Brett - I think you realise just who that was.

Now, any chance we can move on please?

Thanks,
#Sawdon#

"Brett" wrote in message
Can I just say congratulations to Les , you really owned this dickhead!

B.

"Chris" wrote in message
The upshot of all this:
If you are willing to risk losing £20 (not technically losing, since

you'll
be getting some mobile phone boosters that you can always sell on eBay
or
summat)

hardly, these " 4 pack of mobile phone signal boosters " can be found for
£3
each online! if they even work !

Old August 21st 04, 09:43 PM
Les

**Les, are you gonna report this guy
for abuse too?**

That's for you to do not me, he sent you the private email. You have all the
headers etc.
--
Les
AMD64 3200+

Old August 22nd 04, 06:23 PM
Brett

I think you better report me Sawden , It was wrong of me to send you an
email when all you did was spam up the newsgroup with a pyramid scheme.

Having had a good think about things , I've decided that you are right to be
upset if someone spams you , especially when you never send any spam
yourself , except of course for the pyramid scheme spam.

I deeply apologise , and wish you luck finding other like minded people to
share your pyramid scheme with. Hey , you fell for it , there must be others
out there dumber than you eh?

Keep Trucking
B.