Severe system error with GF3 and GF4. Help!

Old August 7th 03, 07:29 PM
Shepİ

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 03:04:52 GMT, In this world we created Kristi
wrote :

Hi Shep! I wasted a lot of time trying to d/l from guru3d - guess they're
way clogged up. Got the stuff from other sites. Uninstalled 44.05, ran
Remove nasty files, rebooted into SAFE mode (at which XP had already
installed it as a 29.something, so uninstalled that and ran RNF again, and
installed evga's version of 44.67 which I am runing now.

I had been using coolbits for the Nvidia OC... why do you like RivaTuner?

Because it has a hidden registry checker that can fix registry faults
:O)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old August 7th 03, 08:03 PM
Shepİ

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:31:27 -0400, In this world we created
"Jethro[AGHL]" wrote :

Kristi wrote:

Hi, and thanks for reading.
A while back I got a GeForce3 Ti200. I ran 43.45 on it ,mostly, though
tried others. Early on, I would get a blank screen (black) for about 2
seconds - then all would continue normaly. I found when I didn't OC at
138/138 and returned to 133/133, that went away.
About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I started getting a serious system error
notification ("save and reboot"), which was preceeded by about 20-30
seconds of lockup while it was taking its dumps.
I noticed in (XP Pro) Event Viewer - system, that I was getting an "nv"
"108" error which said "The driver nv4_dispfor the display device
\Device|video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. ..."

Got a GeForce4 MX440(SE chip) hoping this would cure something, but I am
experiencing the same thing. I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and
reinstalled. Even tried 44.05 . ( was running the mobo at 133/133 and the
GF4 oc from 250/310 to 270/400 ) So of course I have eliminated all OCing,
but I think something else is the problem...

I am beginning to wonder if I have a mobo problem.

System is as in the sig lines. heat is 37 case/46 cpu deg C. CPU is 1.333
tbird with Thermalright SK7 HS and 80mm fan. Just installed Thermaltake
sinks with fan on the 2 PC2700 sticks, though they run cool whenever I have
touched them. res is 1024x768x 72 or 75 or 85HZ

Any thoughts based on experience would be appreciated.
--
Kristi
WinXP pro SP1(SP2), DX9.0b, , 512mb 2700,

While reading your problem I thought of my friends issue so quickly
looked at your specs to see if I was right.
I am.
My friend bought an ECS K7S5a just like you have and can't run it at
133\133 FSB\memory values or locks up big time while running an 3D game.
He has to run his at 100\100 from day one to even get it to boot
properly

Answers I have heard to fix problem are make sure you have a good
powersupply, don't use 2 sticks of RAM as it has issues with that.
Maybe look into the non-ECS BIOS versions avialable. (i.e. Google "ECS
K7S5a BIOS" or "Cheepoman's BIOS")

HTH

I run the O/C honeyX bios @ 138/138 or 143/143 with this board.More
info and fixes etc here,
http://pub140.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old August 8th 03, 12:57 AM
Blaedmon

Default Severe system error with GF3 and GF4. Help!

you could try the nasty file remover (removes old driver files from old
cards, etc etc) - get that from guru3d.com or 3Dguru.com, whatever.
Worth a try.

Old August 8th 03, 07:37 PM
Shepİ

Shepİ labourously penned:

wrote :

Hi Shep! I wasted a lot of time trying to d/l from guru3d - guess
they're way clogged up. Got the stuff from other sites. Uninstalled
44.05, ran Remove nasty files, rebooted into SAFE mode (at which XP
had already installed it as a 29.something, so uninstalled that and
ran RNF again, and installed evga's version of 44.67 which I am runing
now.

I had been using coolbits for the Nvidia OC... why do you like
RivaTuner?

Because it has a hidden registry checker that can fix registry faults
:O)

Hidden where?
tia

Don't know.It's hidden ;-)
Heh.Heh.
It's built into the code

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old August 9th 03, 06:26 PM
Shepİ

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 05:55:05 GMT, In this world we created Kristi
wrote :

Shepİ labourously penned:

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:58:11 GMT, In this world we created Kristi
wrote :
Hidden where?
tia

Don't know.It's hidden ;-)
Heh.Heh.
It's built into the code

bah! fooey!!! that's no good )))))))
I have settled in to using it, and so far, my problem was fixed by 44.67

Which is better: GF4 Ti4200 or FX5200 (couse there's also an "ultra" which
further confuses things...) Prices on some of those are getting down (about
time) but I want a good jump up from this GF4 MX440.

I can't really say.There are better informed people on the group for
the newer hardware as i'm still on a now old G3 Ti 200 and still happy

I would go for the G4 4200 though.What can't your old card do that you
need ?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old August 10th 03, 12:21 AM
Shepİ

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:02:32 GMT, In this world we created Kristi
wrote :

Shepİ labourously penned:

I can't really say.There are better informed people on the group for
the newer hardware as i'm still on a now old G3 Ti 200 and still happy

I would go for the G4 4200 though.What can't your old card do that you
need ?

Nothing, of course. But like the mountain, "it's there".

Heh.Heh

There's absolutely no need to upgrade.

Yeh rightBFG

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old August 10th 03, 12:42 AM
Mario Kadastik

Indeed... Especially if you go from MX440 then the FX5200 isn't that
much of a difference (especially if you get a 64bit DDR card). That's
what happened to me and I'm now going to swap it next week...

Mario

Yes, I have noticed that there are a lot of different versions of the 5200
- gotta read the fine print, and buy from a place where you can swap if
it's the wrong one. Newegg seems to have good prices these days...

If you want an Asus card, then keep your fingers away from the Magic
version. TD or VideoSuite seem to be with correct memory, Magic is with
64 bit mem (have one currently in system, performance is ca 20-30% less
than compairable system with 128bit FX5200).

Mario

Old August 17th 03, 12:02 AM
Shepİ

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:48:25 GMT, In this world we created Kristi
wrote :

Shepİ labourously penned:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:02:32 GMT, In this world we created Kristi
wrote :

Shepİ labourously penned:

I can't really say.There are better informed people on the group for
the newer hardware as i'm still on a now old G3 Ti 200 and still happy

I would go for the G4 4200 though.What can't your old card do that you
need ?
Nothing, of course. But like the mountain, "it's there".

Heh.Heh

There's absolutely no need to upgrade.

Yeh rightBFG

he/she who dies with the most toys, dies.

100% of none smokers diegrin :P

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,