Counterstrike video screen problem with ASUS Geforce4Ti 4800

Old July 20th 03, 05:49 PM
Jerome Morrow

Default Counterstrike video screen problem with ASUS Geforce4Ti 4800

Hello,

I just installed my Asus Geforce4Ti and I'm experiencing a wierd problem
when playing Counterstrike. (The previous graphics card was a old Gf2mx
which worked fine and had no problems.)

If I set the video mode settings to anything higher than 640, the graphics
is shoved to the left of the screen leaving a large black margin.

I tried changing the setting here and then but nothing seems to work. (Vsync
is off)

I have a PIII 850, Asus CUV4X PC133 AGP Pro/4X motherboard, 512MB RAM,
Western Digital 40mb (8mb buffer) HD, and the monitor is a Sony Trinitron
14inch monitor.

Everything else is working fine.

I'm using the very latest drivers from Asus. All other drivers are up to
date.

Cheers,

JM

--
__________________________________
The Theory of Evolution is like this - you take a box of alphabets and shake

Old July 20th 03, 07:51 PM
Jerome Morrow

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your prompt reply! That was fast.

Yes, I found I had to adjust the monitor settings for the individual games -
physically adjust the monitor settings when each game was turned on. (I only
tried CS and Mechwarrior)

But when I returned back to the desktop - the screen was OK and not too far
right due to the change.

I thought that once you changed the monitor manual settings they would
remain the same - in all the programs.

On a disappointing note - the Fps rate for CS was about 20 when more than 12
players enter into the screen but - an improvement - the movement is not so
jerky or shaky now when that happens.

This also occurs when the player enters into a dark room environment.

Old July 21st 03, 06:26 AM
Dave

Monitors "remember" screen settings for each resolution and refresh rate.
In Half-Life/CS make sure you use opengl as your video mode and turn up the
gamma and brightness to max.

Dave