URGENT: Compatible DDR for A7N8X-Deluxe

Old December 8th 03, 01:16 AM
Olaf Schrader

Default URGENT: Compatible DDR for A7N8X-Deluxe

Hello everyone,
Sorry, if I made this a little bit overimportant, but I have only
a few days remaining to exchange the memory I baught.
I've tried to find that list of qualified DDRam, ASUS talks about
in the manual, on there web side, but with no success.
I have a Rev. 2.0 board with a 3000+ AthlonXP and 2x 512Mb
Kingston KHX3200K2/1G (sold as CLK2) and I 'm unable to
get it to run stable. Using the SPD settings with an altered CAS
latency (2,5T instead of 2T) did only result in less random crashes.
(This also doesn't allow for agressive CPU settings.)
I'm now running memory at 166Mhz (FSB 200MHz), which is ab-
solutley inacceptable, but stable. I've also tested all possible slot
combinations.
If somebody please could give me the URL to the qualified DDRam
list or some adwise on what memory has the least risk to be unstable.

Thanx Olaf

Old December 8th 03, 01:23 AM
JBM

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=01

At the very bottom of the page

Old December 8th 03, 03:02 AM
Ron

Mine are KVR400x64c25 (2 x 256 and 1 x 512) with no problem.
Ron

Old December 8th 03, 03:19 AM
Olaf Schrader

Thank you for all replies. I think I will try Corsair because that
store has no Mushkin and they won't give me my money back.
Now full of hope again (as always in such case)
Olaf

Old December 8th 03, 09:40 AM
Ben Pope

Olaf Schrader wrote:
Thank you for all replies. I think I will try Corsair because that
store has no Mushkin and they won't give me my money back.
Now full of hope again (as always in such case)
Olaf

I have TwinX1024-3200LL and it's been great.

7-2-2-2 at 220MHz.

Ben

Old December 8th 03, 09:53 AM
Gordon Scott

Olaf Schrader wrote:

[...]

Believe it or not I'm running 2 x 256 Hynix pc3200 (rated 7 3 3 2.5)in
this board at 6 3 3 2 with a 2600 Barton at 180 x 11.5
Ran prime95 torture test in the background for 24hrs without a blip.

I'd actually like to figger out how to get better than 2083.5Mhz, say
2167Mhz out of this setup at this stability.

Gordon