Driver test NVIDIA nForce Unified drivers 3.13

Old November 6th 03, 02:29 PM
Rob

Default Driver test NVIDIA nForce Unified drivers 3.13

Thanks for the link, Ed. I'm gathering the review appears to say, "If
it ain't broke, don't fix it". There were no significant improvements
shown except for the IDE drivers, which the writer says can be installed
separately. I have to say, using SiSandra and 3DMark, my numbers tend
to agree with this review as far as my system goes. Actually a slight
(300 point) loss in 3DMark score for me with the 3.13. I also wonder if
some of the install problems people are having are because they
previously had Realtec Audio drivers installed, as mentioned in the Article!

Rob

Ed wrote:
Planet 3Dnow has some benchmarks on page 4 of their article,
Driver test NVIDIA nForce Unified drivers 3.13
http://tinyurl.com/tucu

Cheers,
Ed

Old November 6th 03, 03:03 PM
Rob

A quick check shows me that almost all the ASUS nVidia boards have the
Realtec ALC650 audio chip except for the A7N8X Deluxe and the A7N8X-VM.
So, unless your using a separate sound card with it's drivers, you
might try removing the AvRack/Realtec software and drivers before
installing the 3.13 drivers. The new drivers are supposed to have
support for ALC655 Codec included in the Audio package. I can't verify
this since I have a Deluxe, so if someone tries this please post results.

Rob

Rob wrote:

Thanks for the link, Ed. I'm gathering the review appears to say, "If
it ain't broke, don't fix it". There were no significant improvements
shown except for the IDE drivers, which the writer says can be installed
separately. I have to say, using SiSandra and 3DMark, my numbers tend
to agree with this review as far as my system goes. Actually a slight
(300 point) loss in 3DMark score for me with the 3.13. I also wonder if
some of the install problems people are having are because they
previously had Realtec Audio drivers installed, as mentioned in the
Article!

Rob

Ed wrote:

Planet 3Dnow has some benchmarks on page 4 of their article, Driver
test NVIDIA nForce Unified drivers 3.13 http://tinyurl.com/tucu

Cheers,
Ed

Old November 9th 03, 05:12 AM
iamnotme

I have a related question...please advise me...

I cannot find anywhere on the ASUS website (for my A7N8X/plain Rev.2 mobo)
support/drivers for "nForce2" (ie. to get the Ultra400 Memory
Controller)...so I assume nVidia is the only support for those drivers? I'm
currently running on a very old nForce2 driver set (v.2.0).

The v.2.45 nF2 drivers were the 1st (I believe) to add support for the
Ultra400 Memory Controller...the latest nForce2 version at nVidia's website,
is version 3.13 and many are reporting issues installing (so maybe i'll
install the 2.45 1st?).

ALSO...

I have an ASUS V8420 Deluxe video card (using ASUS driver v44.71A) . The
nForce2 website recommends uninstalling all nVidia drivers using
Add/Install. Would I have to uninstall anything, because it's ASUS's drivers
I use for display and capture?

OR ... during installation is there a "custom" install? Where you can choose
which drivers to load? I would just exclude "display driver" from updating
(and audio drivers 'cuz i have a sound card), and then I wouldn't have to
uninstall my display and vid-capture drivers 1st? 'cuz they advise
uninstalling any nVidia drivers first.

Wow...that was a lot...hope I was clear enuf.
Thank you in advance for your assistance & Cheers!!

Old November 22nd 03, 06:41 PM
Erik Harris

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:29:11 GMT, Rob wrote:

Thanks for the link, Ed. I'm gathering the review appears to say, "If
it ain't broke, don't fix it". There were no significant improvements
shown except for the IDE drivers, which the writer says can be installed
separately. I have to say, using SiSandra and 3DMark, my numbers tend

So after all this time, they still haven't fixed their broken SoundFont
support? That's basically the only reason I wanted to upgrade to these new
drivers - When I bought this motherboard, SoundFont and DLS support was
promised, but did not work.

--
Erik Harris
AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.