Question about backups with Ghost

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20th 06, 12:11 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default Question about backups with Ghost

Question for the experts.....

I have never used Ghost before so here is my setup.

Win xp sp2 with two internal sata drives each in a removeable drawer.

System drive is C

Storage drive is D

What I'd love to be able to do is the following:

Back up Drive C to Drive D so that if something gets screwed up i can simply
remove Drive C and then the "D" drive would become an exact replacement
which would pick up where "C" left off.

Is this possible?

Can I do Incremental backups nightly which would only backup files and
folders which have changed without copying the entire contents?

If thiis is indeed possible....how can a backup drive which is a clone of
the original boot at the same time as the system drive, how does windows
know the difference?

TIA

jeff

Ghost question. dave General 6 February 26th 05 10:49 PM
Another Ghost 2003 question - Simple Tom Jackson Storage (alternative) 4 July 30th 04 04:30 PM
Tape Backups are NEVER Reliable - EVER Ron Reaugh Storage (alternative) 33 July 12th 04 11:20 PM
Question Norton Ghost Gus Dell Computers 3 February 5th 04 01:04 PM
Ghost backup question Steve Dell Computers 17 October 10th 03 03:51 AM