6800 Ultra for £20?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th 04, 08:54 PM
Alan Sawdon

Default 6800 Ultra for £20?

OK, I understand most of you will think this is a scam. I know that it
isn't, but it is a *gamble*. If your not willing to take a gamble, ignore
this post.
If you are, or even *might* be, then please read this thoroughly. It a
little long, but you've got nothing to lose by just reading it right???

http://www.itsfree2u.co.uk/ is running a system, where you buy 4 mobile
phone signal boosters for £20 (probably a lot more than they are worth, I
don't know). Your name is then added to a list to recive a 'free gift'.
Every time a certain number of people buy the boosters, whoever is next on
the list recieves their free gift. These gifts range from mobile phones,
thru Apple I-Pods up to plasma TVs.
**There is also XFX Geforce 6800 Ultra's**

I happen to know somebody who has recieved an I-Pod from them, so I know it
is NOT a scam as such... however, the longer the list gets, the less chance
you ever have of recieving this free gift any time this year (or longer, who
knows)! In the case of the 6800 card, every time 26 people sign up the next
person on the list will get their gift (in the case of a Nokia Ngage it is
only 10, for a plasma TV it's a LOT more!).

So, how do you work this system to get yours much faster? Well, I'll tell
you...
When you sign up on a list, you can choose to input the name of the person
who referred you to the site. That person will then get 'bumped' up the list
a notch (so that's 26 less people that you have to wait for). If 4 of your
friends sign up, and they all refer you, then that is 104 less people...
suddenly, it may not take quite as long yeah?!?!

You can even refer YOURSELF. So you sign onto one list (say for the
Geforce), then another (or same again if you like) and put the referral name
as whatever you used the first time. You bump YOURSELF up a notch! If you
check the lists, you will see some people have names with a number after
(eg, Andrew Thompson (7) or something). This is because they are referring
themselves multiple times and hopping up the list!!!

Want another way to cut your waiting time??? Advertise a Geforce 6800 on
eBay for whatever price they are currently selling (around £350 I think?).
In the item description inform people NOT to bid on this item, but tell them
about the website where they can get one for only £20. You are telling them
this info for free! All you ask is that they use YOUR name as a referral!
Does this work? Sure it does, it's how my friend who got the I-Pod found the
site!!!
(IMPORTANT: be sure to advertise the item for a realistic price - if some
dumbo buys your listed item, you are legally bound to provide it and so will
have to go and buy one to ship to them...)

The upshot of all this:
If you are willing to risk losing £20 (not technically losing, since you'll
be getting some mobile phone boosters that you can always sell on eBay or
summat), you may end up with a very cheap graphics card by encouraging your
friends to refer you. Or if you are willing to spend £40 (or £60 or £80...)
and refer yourself, you will almost certainly get one sooner, still at a
bargain price!

At the end of the day, it IS a gamble, sure. But I'm willing to gamble £20
for a 6800 Ultra, so I reckoned some of you might be too. If you DO, then
please use my name (Alan Sawdon) as your referral... Hey, I can't *make* you
do it, but you don't lose anything and it'll help me out right??

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you guys about this. I'm truly NOT connected
with this site in any way (you can see my name on the list), I just thought
I'd let you all know.

Don't forget: if you wanna sign up at http://www.itsfree2u.co.uk/ , and you
wanna say "Thanks" use 'Alan Sawdon' as the referral name...

Cheers all,
#Sawdon#