Full Screen Video Problem

Old August 10th 04, 12:30 PM
Dave Whipp

Default Full Screen Video Problem

I have a GeForce FX Go5200 with 64mb in a Dell 5150 laptop. I've set
up DualView.

When I run video in Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, or Adobe
Premiere, one of the displays goes to full screen video. This is
usually the secondary display but in Premiere, it is sometimes the
primary display.

Is there any way to shut this off? I want to keep my desktop or
program layout the way it is with the video running just in the window
in the program.

thanks,

dave
Old August 17th 04, 05:35 AM
NeonBlue

If you want to disable full screen video overlay then do the following:

1. right click your windows desktop
2. choose "Properties" from the right click menu that appears
3. choose "Settings" tab then press "Advanced" button
4. Now find the tab that mentions your GeForceFX card by name and click it
5. now if you look in the menu off the side panel to the left (for nVidia
Geforce drivers anyway at least) you should see one part that says "Full
Screen Video"
6. Click that one and you should see somewhere on that section (near the
bottom left I think) "Full Screen Device"
7. Just set that to "Disable" and it should keep all your video windows in
the programs on the primary monitor instead of opening them on another
monitor instead

To change it back later if needed then just repeat the above but choose
whichever display you want instead of Disable

Hope this helps?

om...

Old August 18th 04, 07:26 PM
Dave Whipp

HI,

This worked!!!

On my system at #5, I had to click "Overlay Controls" and the Full
Screen Mirroring Controls box is then at the top. (In case anyone else
has this problem.) The disable option was grayed out for a while and I
had to tinker with monitor settings and stuff for a while before I
could change this. Not sure what I did to make the option available.

Thanks a bunch. I'd exchanged about 10 messages with Dell Support
before giving up on them. You got it right the first try!

thanks much,

dave

"NeonBlue" wrote in message ...
[...]

om...

Old August 19th 04, 01:29 AM
NeonBlue

Glad to be of help you're welcome hopefully saved you paying even more
money to those dreaded extortionate tech support lines? lol

Not sure why the box was greyed out but could have been due to the secondary
display adapter or monitor being inactive, unplugged, temporarily removed or
just temporarily disabled in device manager as it will not usually let you
use that option if there is no secondary display hence it being greyed out.

m...

"NeonBlue" wrote in message
[...]

om...