Doom 3 Blows dont bothe

Old August 10th 04, 01:49 AM
FatDaddy

Default Doom 3 Blows dont bothe

weapons suck realy bad
game is way to dark
and story lines are so boring

multiplayer is even lamer
A big let down
hell fay cry is 100% better
I rather play quake I or the old doom I honest

Old August 10th 04, 02:05 AM
PRIVATE1964

--

Are you an valve employee?
Old August 10th 04, 03:15 AM
Tom

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message

weapons suck realy bad
game is way to dark
and story lines are so boring

multiplayer is even lamer
A big let down
hell fay cry is 100% better
I rather play quake I or the old doom I honest

--

Are you an valve employee?

Wouldn't surprise me - all the big software companies seem to be farming out
development to 3rd world non-english countries these days.

I honest here

Tom

Old August 10th 04, 03:21 AM
PRIVATE1964

I honest here

Tom

Me honest two!
Old August 10th 04, 03:52 AM
Granulated

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:49:48 -0400 "FatDaddy" meeped :

weapons suck realy bad
game is way to dark
and story lines are so boring

multiplayer is even lamer
A big let down
hell fay cry is 100% better
I rather play quake I or the old doom I honest

my opinion....

Superb solid graphics...the most real looking to date... by a mile.
Great atmosphere.
Below average storyline.
Compelling and addictive yet ultimately disappointing gameplay.
I was really looking forward to the old school massive waves of monsters ala
original Doom... and loads of secrets...oh well.
I played on Veteran and I finished it in way too fast.

Looking forward to some great mods.

--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Old August 10th 04, 11:26 AM
Bill Crocker

You should be able to adjust-out the darkness...but then you might not like
what you see!

Bill Crocker
UT2004!

Old August 10th 04, 02:52 PM
Eric

r_gamma 1.8 (default is 1.0). By doing this, it was not ridiculously
dark, nor was it too light to destroy the atmosphere.

If anyone finds the game too dark, adjust r_gamma

Old August 10th 04, 04:44 PM
Granulated

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:52:32 -0400 "Eric" meeped :

r_gamma 1.8 (default is 1.0). By doing this, it was not ridiculously
dark, nor was it too light to destroy the atmosphere.

If anyone finds the game too dark, adjust r_gamma

yeh...and if anyone actually pays attention to "stuff" they'd remember that all
the pre-release official gameplay movies were nowhere near as dark as the game
is "out of the box"
Easier to set up a doom3 colour profile via the NV control panel..
I have my gamma set at 1.94 for Doom.
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Old August 10th 04, 06:45 PM
Eric

I prefer to leave the drivers as is -- no profiles. And change the game
settings (including color corrections) in game, with an autoexec.cfg file.

That way I can back up the file and always have my settings --- instantly.
Whether I reinstall my OS or reinstall the game.

If you update your drivers, there go your profiles. Or if you change from
Nvidia to ATI, etc.

An autoexec.cfg is your best friend in any Id Software game. I used the
same autoexec.cfg file for Quake 3 in probably 5 different PCs (including
sending it to work) -- I simply put that in the right place in the game
directory and BOOM -- game settings are the same as they always were.

You could also back up your doomcfg.cfg file as well. But that can be
overwritten by the game.

Old August 10th 04, 10:26 PM
FatDaddy

yeah like i said this game blows
and they could even give a 1280x720 res for wide screen gaming
lame as ID
carmack dont care he already made his money on quake
I just ****ed I orded this game last year from ebgames and have waited 3 or
4 years to play this sucker
buy it like I did and you are the sucker oh and my per oder pinky figurean
is 1/2" tall
freakin joke
well on to half life 2