Doom 3 - Minimum Spec System Bench - Doom 3

Old July 30th 04, 01:44 AM
)-()-(

Default Doom 3 - Minimum Spec System Bench - Doom 3

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0LDU=

Thanks HARDOCP !!

I'm gonna be playing with a 1.33Ghz Tualatin, GF4 4200 running at
300/600, 512mb, Audigy 1,
so this is encouraging.

"There is no doubt that DOOM 3’s minimum system specifications can
easily deliver a good gaming experience. We found it simply incredible
that a system this old could run DOOM 3 at all, much less run it well.
It may be hard to believe, but we can honestly recommend spending $50 on
DOOM 3 if you have a system comparable to this. You can still have a
very worthy DOOM 3 experience with it."

Any other low end machines like mine anyone is planning to use for Doom
3 ?

Old July 30th 04, 05:51 AM
Jelle

")-()-(" schreef in bericht
http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0LDU=

Thanks HARDOCP !!

I'm gonna be playing with a 1.33Ghz Tualatin, GF4 4200 running at
300/600, 512mb, Audigy 1,

Any other low end machines like mine anyone is planning to use for Doom
3 ?

A friend om mine is yes, she got a xp 1600 and 512mb, plus a 4200 128mb. I
think she will play in 800x600, cause thats what she always does. And in a
way, me too, got a p4 2.6 with 768mb ddr, but the videocard is low-end these
days, 4200 64mb, so I very much doubt that I will have a much better
gaming-experience than you will ;-).

Old July 30th 04, 10:13 PM
First of One

"Good gaming experience" means 25-30 fps in this case at 800x600. Had this
game been marketed as a multiplayer-oriented shooter, the speed would not be
considered acceptable at all...

")-()-(" wrote in message
http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0LDU=

Thanks HARDOCP !!

I'm gonna be playing with a 1.33Ghz Tualatin, GF4 4200 running at
300/600, 512mb, Audigy 1,
so this is encouraging.

"There is no doubt that DOOM 3's minimum system specifications can
easily deliver a good gaming experience. We found it simply incredible
that a system this old could run DOOM 3 at all, much less run it well.
It may be hard to believe, but we can honestly recommend spending $50 on
DOOM 3 if you have a system comparable to this. You can still have a
very worthy DOOM 3 experience with it."

Any other low end machines like mine anyone is planning to use for Doom
3 ?

will a new motherboard improve my system performance for doom 3 ed General 13 August 10th 04 09:55 AM
Dual processor system vs Single processor system HawkEye_42 General 3 January 27th 04 11:01 AM
Multi-boot Windows XP without special software Timothy Daniels General 11 December 12th 03 05:38 AM
Proposed System Thunder9 General 80 October 14th 03 02:50 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM