45.23 Benchmarking

Old August 14th 03, 11:54 AM
The Marshal

Default 45.23 Benchmarking

Is it me or are these benchmark tests from future mark just made for nvidia
to mess around with??

I ran 2001 and 2003 with the older 44.03 then upgraded to the 45.23's. The
2003 score went up 1200 points and the 2001 score went down 1000 points.
Has anyone else had similar experience??

Old August 14th 03, 02:39 PM
John Russell

"The Marshal" wrote in message
news
Is it me or are these benchmark tests from future mark just made for

nvidia
to mess around with??

I ran 2001 and 2003 with the older 44.03 then upgraded to the 45.23's.

The
2003 score went up 1200 points and the 2001 score went down 1000 points.
Has anyone else had similar experience??

What card are you using?

Nvidia's so called "unified drivers" have a problem. They always focus on
improving performance for the latest generation of their GPU's. After a
while it's just not worth upgrading drivers for the old GPU's as these
"improvements" tend to result in worse performance for older GPU's.

Old August 14th 03, 02:41 PM
Mr E

The Marshal wrote:
Is it me or are these benchmark tests from future mark just made for
nvidia to mess around with??

I ran 2001 and 2003 with the older 44.03 then upgraded to the
45.23's. The 2003 score went up 1200 points and the 2001 score went
down 1000 points. Has anyone else had similar experience??

My score went from 2487 to 2482 with the newer drivers. Nothing else
changed.
This is using the latest version of Future Mark 2003 (i.e. including the
enhancement defeat).

2001 score went from 9608 to 9604.

As you can tell from my benchmarks, the system is nothing special (2.66 GHz
P4 with a 5600 non ultra graphics card - not overclocked). However it is
extremely stable - as in no crashes for months - which is my main objective.

Take care,

John.

Old August 14th 03, 03:20 PM
The Marshal

"John Russell" wrote in message

"The Marshal" wrote in message
news
Is it me or are these benchmark tests from future mark just made for

nvidia
to mess around with??

I ran 2001 and 2003 with the older 44.03 then upgraded to the 45.23's.

The
2003 score went up 1200 points and the 2001 score went down 1000 points.
Has anyone else had similar experience??

What card are you using?

My card is an FX5900

Nvidia's so called "unified drivers" have a problem. They always focus on
improving performance for the latest generation of their GPU's. After a
while it's just not worth upgrading drivers for the old GPU's as these
"improvements" tend to result in worse performance for older GPU's.

I have also noticed that the UT2003 benchmark is down about 8 fps on flyby

Old August 14th 03, 11:48 PM
Ed

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:54:14 +0100, "The Marshal"
wrote:

Is it me or are these benchmark tests from future mark just made for nvidia
to mess around with??

I ran 2001 and 2003 with the older 44.03 then upgraded to the 45.23's. The
2003 score went up 1200 points and the 2001 score went down 1000 points.
Has anyone else had similar experience??

Went from 44.03 to 45.23
2001 score dropped 789 points.

Ed

Benchmarking Robert Overclocking AMD Processors 20 June 4th 04 03:10 PM
Benchmarking question Naj Overclocking 7 February 15th 04 11:37 AM
Turn of LiveUpdate on Asus video driver 45.23 Dennis Hagemann Asus Motherboards 1 December 31st 03 12:03 AM
45.23 WHQL on Nvidia's website B Nvidia Videocards 13 August 15th 03 01:05 AM
A7N8X Deluxe: Poor benchmarking with 3DMark03, SE; I need help! nieuws.quicknet.nl Asus Motherboards 2 July 16th 03 02:51 PM