Geforce 5600 Ultra vs Radeon 9500 Pro Recomendation

Old July 15th 03, 06:26 PM
Keith Clark

Default Geforce 5600 Ultra vs Radeon 9500 Pro Recomendation

I am confused about which card to choose? Can someone help me to decide...

#1 Geforce 5600 ultra
#2 Ati Radeon 9500 pro

All help is greatly apprecheated...

Thanxs in advance
-James A Taber

Take a look at the new "buyers guide" on Tom's Hardware. It might help you
decide...

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030714/index.html

Old July 15th 03, 09:58 PM
James A Taber

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your answer.

I have already read the "buyers guide" at www.tomshardware.com ...

Before I read the test I was sure about which card to buy -- ATI Radeon
9500 Pro

After reading the "buyers guide" i am not sure anymore... soo i was hoping
if someone could guide me to buy the "best card" considering
price/performance....

Thanks for helping me out...
-James A Taber

Old July 16th 03, 10:10 AM
Paul Moloney

Keith Clark writes:

Take a look at the new "buyers guide" on Tom's Hardware. It might help you
decide...

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030714/index.html

I have a question about Tom's recommendation, the
MSI FX5600-VTDR128. Presumably since there's no
"Ultra" suffix, this card is a lot slower.
(It's 325/ 550 MHz as opposed to an overclocked
Gainward 450/450 - true?)

I fail to see why he recommends it other than the fact
that it comes with lots of games, unless I'm mistaken
by the speed compared to the Gainward. Anyone out there
know for sure?

Cheers,

P.
Paul Moloney, Technical Writer
http://www.paulmoloney.org Remove the obvious bit to email
Old July 16th 03, 11:12 PM
Thomas Andersson

Paul Moloney wrote:

I have a question about Tom's recommendation, the
MSI FX5600-VTDR128. Presumably since there's no
"Ultra" suffix, this card is a lot slower.
(It's 325/ 550 MHz as opposed to an overclocked
Gainward 450/450 - true?)

The 2 OCing results I've seen for the 5600Ultra stepping A2 (running stable)
was 492/945 (BFGTech) and 485/979 (eVga).
That's a fair bit better than the standard 5600

Best Wishes
Thomas