Biostar M7NCD Question

Old May 19th 04, 04:09 PM
Dan Rather

Default Biostar M7NCD Question

Hello:

I don't know if someone will answer this question but I am going to
try. I have a Biostar M7NCD motherboard that has a NVidia Chipset -
NVidia nForce 2 drivers. Biostar has nForce chipset drivers that were
released on 3/2003. I found nForce drivers released on 4/2004 on MSI's
motherboard site. Can I use these updated drivers, would they be
compatible with my motherboard? Any help would be appreciated.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...il.php?UID=398

Thanks!
Old May 19th 04, 06:06 PM
kony

On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:09:42 -0400, Dan Rather wrote:

Hello:

I don't know if someone will answer this question but I am going to
try. I have a Biostar M7NCD motherboard that has a NVidia Chipset -
NVidia nForce 2 drivers. Biostar has nForce chipset drivers that were
released on 3/2003. I found nForce drivers released on 4/2004 on MSI's
motherboard site. Can I use these updated drivers, would they be
compatible with my motherboard? Any help would be appreciated.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...il.php?UID=398

Thanks!

I'd skip the OEM driver packages unless you have specific reason to use
them, instead using the driver available from nVidia. They also recently
released a newer driver on 4/2004 which is likely what you'd get at MSI,
considering the release date.

Old May 19th 04, 06:08 PM
Pen

No, no, no. You absolutely can't use MSI drivers
on a Biostar
mobo. You can however, use these;
http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=M7NCD

"Dan Rather" wrote in message
Hello:

I don't know if someone will answer this

question but I am going to
try. I have a Biostar M7NCD motherboard that has

a NVidia Chipset -
NVidia nForce 2 drivers. Biostar has nForce

chipset drivers that were
released on 3/2003. I found nForce drivers

released on 4/2004 on MSI's
motherboard site. Can I use these updated

drivers, would they be
compatible with my motherboard? Any help would

be appreciated.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...r/dvr/spt_dvr_
detail.php?UID=398

Thanks!

Old May 19th 04, 11:27 PM
Dan Rather

Hello:

I wanted to say thank you for your help. I went to the NVidia website
(via the link) and downloaded the newest nForce2 drivers. They
installed very easily, no problems. Thanks again for your help!

On Wed, 19 May 2004 13:08:52 -0400, "Pen"
wrote:

No, no, no. You absolutely can't use MSI drivers
on a Biostar
mobo. You can however, use these;
http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=M7NCD

"Dan Rather" wrote in message
.. .
Hello:

I don't know if someone will answer this

question but I am going to
try. I have a Biostar M7NCD motherboard that has

a NVidia Chipset -
NVidia nForce 2 drivers. Biostar has nForce

chipset drivers that were
released on 3/2003. I found nForce drivers

released on 4/2004 on MSI's
motherboard site. Can I use these updated

drivers, would they be
compatible with my motherboard? Any help would

be appreciated.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...r/dvr/spt_dvr_
detail.php?UID=398

Thanks!

Cable Modem Question Dan Rather General 1 October 10th 06 12:12 PM
Fan Speed Question Dan Rather General 2 December 11th 03 09:48 AM
Biostar M7NCD Motherboard Dan Rather General 3 November 28th 03 02:48 AM
Memory Question - outcome of exceeding the memory limits of a machine. John B. General 4 November 4th 03 12:25 PM
Any feedback on Biostar M7NCD MB; other system recommendations? enigma General 1 September 10th 03 03:31 PM