extra cooling fan installation

Old February 11th 04, 04:25 PM
Steve James

Default extra cooling fan installation

Hi

I already have a case fan, but want to put another small fan next to my
overclocked AGP card. Where can I run some power from ?

MTIA
Steve

Old February 11th 04, 07:03 PM
John McGaw

"Steve James" wrote in message
Hi

I already have a case fan, but want to put another small fan next to my
overclocked AGP card. Where can I run some power from ?

MTIA
Steve

All modern motherboards have sockets for multiple cooling fans and these
should have monitoring (3-lead) capability. If not, there are always drive
connectors at the power supply and if you don't have one to spare, "Y"
connectors are available to split one that is already in use.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

Old February 11th 04, 09:04 PM
Cuzman

"Steve James" wrote in message

" I already have a case fan, but want to put another small fan next to my
overclocked AGP card. Where can I run some power from ? "

Do you mean a PCI case exhaust in the slot underneath your AGP card? If you
haven't already, you could try one. It will also negate any problems with
shared IRQs between the two slots.

Old February 11th 04, 10:05 PM
~misfit~

Cuzman wrote:
"Steve James" wrote in message

" I already have a case fan, but want to put another small fan next
to my overclocked AGP card. Where can I run some power from ? "

Do you mean a PCI case exhaust in the slot underneath your AGP card?
If you haven't already, you could try one. It will also negate any
problems with shared IRQs between the two slots.

It can cause an area of low presure though and decrease the efficiency of
the GPU fan. It pays to put it so that it sucks from below.
--
~misfit~

Old February 12th 04, 01:50 AM
Brad

same spot where everything else takes power from....
do you have spare power plugs ??
do you have extra fan output on your motherboard ?
Some fans come with a power adaptor so you can run power from another
location that`s already being used...

Brad...