Samsung RMA contact needed

Old August 16th 04, 09:14 PM
Barry Watzman

Default Samsung RMA contact needed

Anyone have an RMA contact for returning a bad memory module directly to
Samsung?

Old August 16th 04, 09:51 PM

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:14:06 GMT, Barry Watzman
wrote:

Anyone have an RMA contact for returning a bad memory module directly to
Samsung?

Nope, not the answer. Just making your thread look busy. If you get an
answer i'll try the same. I have a dead Corsair module and Corsair
tells me that I have to be the original purchaser to be able to RMA
it, otherwise zilch. Lifetime warranty, but zilch. They're evil.

good luck.

eric
Old August 18th 04, 07:05 AM
TomC

If the others in this NG are going to jerk you around...

Assuming that you are in the US, try calling (800) 321-6993, authorized
Samsung service center.

TomC

Old August 19th 04, 07:49 AM
David Wang

Why don't you try to ask some Corsair resellers to do the RMA for you. Just
pay them a small service fee to cover the costs of the RMA processing and
shipping. I think most Corsair resellers will be more than happy to do the
RMA for you.

Old August 19th 04, 08:03 AM
David Wang

"Max Attar Feingold" wrote in message

Incidentally, how do Corsair identify the original purchaser? Do they
track the chips by serial number? Do they demand a receipt from their
own online store?

Memory vendors usually track RMA returns by the original invoice number of
the
memory purchase. Some vendors such as Kingston and Viking do not track
serial numbers or invoice
numbers for their RMA return. You just go online and fill-out an online RMA
form. That's it.
--
David Wang - Tech Support
Extreme Node - Blade servers based on the standard ATX form factor