A7M266-D - blown capasitor?

Old June 22nd 03, 05:06 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Default A7M266-D - blown capasitor?

Anders Frostad Pedersen schrieb:

I've got an asus A7M266-D board for amd MP processors.
The board had been running fine for about a year,
when after upgrading the cpu fans things went bad.

What happens is that the pc stays powered on for about 3-4 seconds,
then just turn itself off, without even booting into the BIOS or
starting any system checks. (no beep codes)

I stripped the pc down, and still the same error, ie. no faulty
disks/ram/power supply (even swapped the psu).

After taking out the mobo it seems like one of the capasitors
has a "bulky" surface, kinda rised on the top. Along with that
there is some brown substance on top of it.
Might this be a leaky capasitor?

This most certainly *is* one. I'd think this should be a case for an
RMA, a cap shouldn't go bad after one year.

Stephan
--
Home: http://jgrossklass.bei.t-online.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 128 MB, 9 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W; WinNT4.0SP6a