Major problems with new graphic card

Old October 12th 03, 04:54 PM
JAD

Default Major problems with new graphic card

do you have on board video? and have you disabled it.

"Jerry Manner" wrote in message ...
Hi

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 ( 128mb ddr with dvi tv) card which I am trying to
install in my system Here are my system configuration:

W98SE, PIII 700Mhz, Abit BX MainBoard, 128MB memory.

When placing teh card in my system and starting my pc. I use the cd of the
card to install the driver and configuration program. That goes fine untill
I restart my system. The card is giving me a hardware conflict warning.
Looking in my device manager I see that for all my PCI controllers( PCI
Ethernet Controller, PCI Input Controller, PCI ISA Bridge, PCI Mass Storage
Controller, PCI Multimedia Audio Device) I have a question mark. Before the
installation of the card I didn't had any of these. In the device manager I
also have question mark for the ATI Radeon card. Looking at the message on
the property of this card I see the following message
"This device cannot find free I/O-sources for use of (Code:12)" ( I tried to
translate this in english as good as I can for I have a dutch version of
W98)

I have installed the AGP driver of Intell before I installed the card, but
still I have this strange problems.

Can someone please help me out???

Kind Regards

Old October 12th 03, 05:22 PM
Jerry Manner

Hi

What do you mean with On board video? Do you mean if I have enabled it in my
BIOS? Or is it a video option integrated on my MainBoard?

ink.net...

Old October 12th 03, 05:47 PM
John

What do you mean with On board video? Do you mean if I have enabled it in my
BIOS? Or is it a video option integrated on my MainBoard?

He's talking of any integrated video cards that you have on your
mboard. You should be able to disable it in the BIOS.

The other thing is to make sure you've uninstalled any old drivers you
had for your old video card. Then reset windows and try again with the
new drivers.
Old October 12th 03, 06:02 PM
Jerry Manner

Hi

OK, I understand.
No, I dont have an integrated video card on my MB.
By the way how do I make sure that I have uninstalled the old drivers of my
previous video card?
Where can I check that?

Old October 12th 03, 06:09 PM
JAD

add remove programs in control panel(should be done BEFORE removal of hardware, because most major hardware makers have used the
modify,repair,remove feature of UNinstall. This will look for the hardware before it moves to the uninstall window, no hardware no
window

Device manager and 'remove' old adapter (if it still appears there)

also I like to go into 'safe mode' and delete all 'ghost' drivers of hardware no longer on the system.

lastly a registry sweep of any 'brand' names ATI, Nvidia etc, whichever it is I'm UNinstalling.

Old October 12th 03, 06:49 PM
ToolPackinMama

JAD wrote:

add remove programs in control panel(should be done BEFORE removal of hardware

I think the question now is how does he get there from here.
Old October 12th 03, 06:49 PM
ToolPackinMama

Jerry Manner wrote:

Hi

OK, I understand.
No, I dont have an integrated video card on my MB.
By the way how do I make sure that I have uninstalled the old drivers of my
previous video card?
Where can I check that?

Can you boot into SAFE MODE?
Old October 12th 03, 07:23 PM
JAD

ok agreed....so then i said 'should' and then gave him the other steps including the 'safe mode' option.....hmmmm My, damn posts
are getting chopped up again?....

Old October 12th 03, 07:44 PM
ToolPackinMama

JAD wrote:

ok agreed....so then i said 'should' and then gave him the other steps including the 'safe mode' option.....hmmmm

Oops, sorry. Impulsive me.
Old October 12th 03, 07:45 PM
Jerry Manner

Hi

I will try what you suggested. Please keep online so you can see what my
progress are.
Regards

ink.net...

"John" wrote in message
What do you mean with On board video? Do you mean if I have enabled

it in
my
BIOS? Or is it a video option integrated on my MainBoard?

He's talking of any integrated video cards that you have on your
mboard. You should be able to disable it in the BIOS.

The other thing is to make sure you've uninstalled any old drivers you
had for your old video card. Then reset windows and try again with the
new drivers.

monitor or graphic card problem? Krystonia5 General 2 June 22nd 04 03:49 PM
Cold-Boot problems with Powercolor 9800 Pro graphic card Stefan Brueggemann General 1 March 27th 04 06:42 PM
Graphic card problem Shep© General 2 November 25th 03 11:16 AM
Major problems with new graphic card Jerry Manner General 0 October 12th 03 03:45 PM
Defect in graphic card? Mads Noe General 9 October 6th 03 10:37 PM