Intel SATA Raid problem?

Old July 20th 03, 12:11 AM
bowser

Default Intel SATA Raid problem?

I tried to install a couple of WD SATA drives in a RAID 0 (striped)
configuration, and during the Windows XP Pro install, it asks for the
driver, I load it (x.x.34), but Windows doesn't seem to like the
configuration. I sees the whole partition, and will create a partition on
it, but then says the partition isn't usable by Windows XP. The partition is
labeled as a "New (RAW)" partition, and I never get the opportunity to
install, format, or anything else. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a
solution?

Thanks for any help.

Old July 20th 03, 04:33 PM
bowser

I don't believe so, but if the feature is working properly, XP will see it
as a single disk, and then create a partition as needed. It does see the
array as a single disk, and creates a partition, but then says the partition
is unsuitable.

Never seen this before...

"Meta WinAPI" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
Just asking:

When installing Windows on a harddrive can it go on anything but a basic
disk?

Meta

--

Remove the Obstacle to reply by email or to Messenger me.

et...