AMD Athlon XP2800 overclocking problem

Old April 23rd 04, 10:34 AM
Justin Barnes

Default AMD Athlon XP2800 overclocking problem

Hi

Gigabyte GA-7S748-l SKT A SIS748 ATX Sound LAN USB 2.0 FSB400 ATA133 Retail
Box
MSI Mx4000-T128 AGP 128MB DDR TV-Out Retail Box
Kingston HYPERX 512 DDR333 PC2700 CL2 Memory Module
AMD Athlon XP2800 333FSB 512kb L2 Cache Barton Retail Boxed Inc Heatsink &
Fan with 3year Warranty

Using easy tune 4
Presently this machine is running at 2600mhz with a system bus of 208mhz
with a divider on the ram therefore ram currently running at 345mhz
therefore it has been overclocked.

Why is it Not running at 2800mhz when I purchased an athlon 2800, what is
the current speed of the machine? I also keep on increasing the system bus
by 1mhz and it just keeps going higher and higher surely there is a limit.

Also these processor water cooling system; any good, and do you real need
one?

Justin

Old April 23rd 04, 04:16 PM
Augustus

Why is it Not running at 2800mhz when I purchased an athlon 2800, what is
the current speed of the machine? I also keep on increasing the system

bus
by 1mhz and it just keeps going higher and higher surely there is a limit.

The 2800 is a performance rating, not a clock speed. It reflects how the CPU
performs compared to "other" comparable processors at 2800Mhz, meaning Intel
P4's. It's not actually bogus, since the comparison is reasonably valid, and
people in general buy into the Mhz = power thought process. In my opinion,
the Barton performance ratings are a little overinflated. A 2200Mhz Barton
3200+ is a lot closer to a 2.8-3.0Ghz P4 than a 3.2 Ghz P4.

DDR overclocking, 3:4 ratio problem byru Overclocking 2 December 25th 04 10:17 PM
Overclocking my EPoX 8RDA3+ and Athlon XP 2100+ Sorrow General 12 June 10th 04 08:10 AM
Overclocking an Athlon 2100+ OodlesoFun Overclocking AMD Processors 6 January 9th 04 04:28 AM
overclocking problem john Overclocking 4 November 19th 03 03:16 PM
AMD Athlon XP2500+ Barton good for overclocking? Wayne Youngman Overclocking 6 October 12th 03 01:22 AM