Biostar M7NCD - worth buying?

Old November 7th 03, 10:30 PM
RaOuL

Default Biostar M7NCD - worth buying?

I am accumulating components to build my next machine and I have almost
settled on which motherboard to buy. The Biostar M7NCD Pro seems to meet my
needs and budget ($66.99 at newegg.com). My question is: has anybody here
overclocked one of these boards? My intention is to pair this up with an
Athlon 2500+ and run it somewhere near 2 GHz. Given that the CPU is 1.83 GHz
this shouldn't be much of a stretch. I don't have any particular need to run
at this speed, I just thought it would be cool to have a "2 GHz" machine. I
had almost bought a 2400+ chip but would rather have the additional cache of
the Barton...

I have already purchased RAM (got a deal a few months ago) and I have 2,
512 sticks of Crucial pc2100 (1 Gig of RAM!!!). Should pc2100 be a problem
with overclocking?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated....

Thanks!