Front Panel Connection Problem

Old September 29th 03, 03:46 AM

Default Front Panel Connection Problem

Hi,

I'm a little new at this, so if it seems like I don't know what the hell
I'm talking about, it is because it is so.

I have a Gigabyte mb, but that's not really my problem. Problem is, the
person that just sold this computer too me didn't hook the audio up
properly when he built it. I've read through most of the mb
documentation and I think I have a handle on what is going on in there,
but I can't figure out what the pins on the front panel (USB, Firewire,
Audio I/O) are.

The case is a Powmax 1347 sel.

http://www.directron.com/power1347.html

The reason that I am assuming that it is not hooked up properly, is that
when I plug into the rear headphone jack I get music in my left speaker
and when I plug into the front headphone jack, I get music in my right
speaker. The thing that continues to confuse me is that the rear port
seems as though it is actually built onto the board. So, why would an
incorrect hookup of the front panel cause this to happen on both ends?
Hence, this may not be my problem. But, I won't know that until I figure
out what all the audio pins on the front board represent.

The layout of the front panel pins are as follows;

R N W E B -----
e o h m l RXWXB
d P i p a WXYYR
o t t c -----
r e y k

W E Y Y R
h m e e e
i p l l d
t t l l
e y o o
w w

I've taken these colours from the harness that plugs into the front
panel. It can only go in one way, so the problem is at the mb end where
the wires split up and go on individualy.

I've searched and searched and contacted the manufacturer to no avail.
If anyone can help me oput or point me in the right direction, I would be
forever grateful.

Thx,

Andrew

Email is adweaver(remove no