Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Critical Error

Old May 8th 09, 02:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
AndyT

Default Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Critical Error

Upon a re-install of the subject program, I encountered one of those
"...has encountered an error and needs to close...".I am running XP
Home, SP3 on my Dell Dimension DIM4600. According to the Microsoft
support site, the correct driver is "LifeCam2.04.exe". I have
installed this version and just about all of the previous ones. I get
the same error involving a different file name every time. I have
uninstalled completely even removing "LifeCam" and "VX1000" references
from the registry in each case. There must be a file left behind in
the registry that I can't come up with. I have performed a "clean"
boot including only the system files and tried a re-install, but the
error persists. I can only find generic fixes that don't work! I am
hoping that someone out there is familiar with the files involved with
the LifeCam and offer some leads...
Old June 19th 09, 08:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Pat Cook[_2_]

On May 7, 7:56*pm, AndyT wrote:
Upon a re-install of the subject program, I encountered one of those
"...has encountered an error and needs to close...".I am running XP
Home, SP3 on my Dell Dimension DIM4600. According to the Microsoft
support site, the correct driver is "LifeCam2.04.exe". I have
installed this version and just about all of the previous ones. I get
the same error involving a different file name every time. I have
uninstalled completely even removing "LifeCam" and "VX1000" references
from the registry in each case. There must be a file left behind in
the registry that I can't come up with. I have performed a "clean"
boot including only the system files and tried a re-install, but the
error persists. I can only find generic fixes that don't work! I am
hoping that someone out there is familiar with the files involved with
the LifeCam and offer some leads...

What have you been using to edit the registry - RegEdit (Which comes
with Windows XP) or some other 3rd Party application? If you're using
RegEdit, you're likely NOT getting all the files. To ensure you get
ALL the files, I highly recommend the Revo Uninstaller. It not only
uninstalls programs, but it also searches your entire hard drive for
ANY file that refers to it - EVEN IN THE REGISTRY & removes them so
you don't have to.

Two more applications worth installing....

* Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
* Glary Utilities

Best of luck....

Cheers

Pat Cook
Denver, Colorado
Pat's Cam - http://asmyworldturns.x10hosting.com/webcam/
Old June 19th 09, 01:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
AndyT

On Jun 19, 3:36*am, Pat Cook wrote:
On May 7, 7:56*pm, AndyT wrote:

[...]

I was using RegEdit. I ran Revo Uninstaller as suggested using the
"Junk Files Cleaner", but didn't see any webcam references in the
scanned list (deleted what was found). Is there another feature of the
tool that you are referring to?

lifecam 1000 problems delj28 Webcams 0 January 31st 07 11:59 AM
Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000 on windows 2000 stamina Webcams 2 January 1st 07 11:12 AM
Microsoft LifeCam VX6000? Robert J Batina Webcams 2 December 15th 06 12:24 AM
Try critical update from Microsoft Corp. Arthur Hagen Matrox Videocards 2 September 22nd 03 09:46 PM