warehouse club warning

Old March 26th 05, 04:24 AM
Jer

Ron Hunter wrote:

SamSez wrote:

"Crownfield" wrote in message

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

If I buy a Toyota from a Toyota dealer, then I buy from from Walmart, I
expect to get a Toyota. It's labeled a Toyota, has the same window
sticker, etc.

I do not expect to get a Ford engine and cheaper seats for the
IDENTICALLY LABELED Toyota.

Ilford wrapped materially different paper inside the same wrapper as
what they use for their dealer stuff. That's just plain WRONG.

When you label them identically, the consumer has every expectation
that
the same stuff is inside.

did the wrappers look similar,
or were the product numbers the same?

many products come in multiple flavors for different buyers.

The FULL ENTIRE NINE WORD name is the same. The packaging is very
similar but
not identical, but as we all know, packaging is updated all the time.

I contend that if you are going to call it the same thing -- to that
level of
sameness -- it had better BE the same thing [try this trick with
prescription
drugs, I dare you...]

Go to the Sams Club website -- look up Ilford. Then open a second
window on
Ilford's website.

As Ilford only lists one "Ilford Galerie Professional Inkjet Photo
Range Smooth
Pearl Paper" and Sams Club only lists one "Ilford Galerie Professional
Inkjet
Photo Range Smooth Pearl Paper", what am I supposed to expect?

Sounds like Ilford was scamming Sam's as well as the end user.

Considering that Walwart (Sam's) is notorious for flexing their discount
muscles with their suppliers, it seems that both could be complicit in
this deception. Walwart demands lesser quality (to force a lower price)
and Ilford complies because they're being courted by a retail discounter
with hundreds of stores full of bargain hunters and staffed by underpaid
wanks.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old March 26th 05, 04:28 AM
Jer

Ivor Floppy wrote:

You'll find the only 'rights' you have relate to the product being as
advertised. If the paper sold as "Ilford Galerie Professional Inkjet Photo
Range Smooth Gloss Paper" [sic] in 100 sheet boxes" was as described *on the
pack* then there's no comeback.

The fact it's not the same paper as sold elsewhere is irrelevant.

We realise that Walwart believes this, the issue is we don't.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old March 26th 05, 05:06 AM
Douglas

"measekite" wrote in message
. com...
New Zealand has better lamb chops!

Yeah... At least they had the good sense to ban the bloody minded yanks from
bringing their Nuked ships of death into the country.

Old March 26th 05, 05:12 AM
Douglas

"Frank ess" wrote in message

Never mind embarrassing himself and all his country-mates, he's asssuring
himself of constant discomfort and early incapacitation and demise. He
should take my earlier advice: leave these groups and relax.

--
Frank ess

Thank you for that Frank... Our prime Minister has done the embarrassing. I
often feel ashamed to be an Australian when I see what he has done in
concert with the US.

Unfortunately if you speak up against it you get branded an embarrassing
troublemaker and if you do nothing you just become one of despicable
mongrels. Which are you Frank?

Douglas

Old March 26th 05, 09:38 AM
Ron Hunter

Douglas wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Douglas wrote:

snipped

God bless America,
land of the free,
home of the brave and you better not say otherwise or they'll bomb you
off the face of the Earth!

Your misconceptions of laws in the US are downright amusing. Such
practices ARE illegal here, and any company who did what you describe
would be in big trouble. Mislabeling food products can result in some
ugly legal problems.

And you are WAY out of line with the last sentence.

--
Ron Hunter

Correct me if I'm wrong here but hasn't the USA gone to war against that
little country in the middle east where they get their oil from in same
manner Hitler did towards Germany's neighbours in the '30's and bombed the
**** out of the people of that nation for disagreeing with the USA?

No. It went to war against that country for repeated violations of UN
mandates, and a previous invasion of a peaceful nation, and harboring,
and promotion of international terrorism. BTW, Australia has been one
of the most loyal supporters of that action, and has some very capable
troops involved in the same war.

Now George Bush is telling everyone he'll get Australia to help bash up one
of Australia's largest trading partners (China) because they (China) want
the island of Taiwan to re-join the unified China and you lot don't think
that's a good idea because you get a major portion of your car parts,
chemicals and electronic components cheap from them because it's too costly
to comply with US environmental laws and make them in your own country.

Hogwash. You have a very distorted viewpoint.

What is about Americans that makes them so aggressive towards anyone who
disagree with them? And you have the cheek to tell me I'm out of line for
stating the truth. These are not the actions of civilised people or a for
that matter, a civilised nation. China is a nuclear nation with as much
military capacity and the ability to use it as the USA. What are you lot
trying to do? Bring on another ice age? Not a Red Necked, flag waving Yankee
yourself are you?

If you think China has as much military capacity as the US you are in
for some ugly shocks.

Get on over to Australia and witness first hand how US companies are
behaving before you get on your high horse and pass judgment on one of their
victims for stating the truth.

If you can't control the companies in your country, don't come whining
to me.
This is a photography NG, not a venue for your anti-American whining.

--
Ron Hunter

Old March 26th 05, 09:41 AM
Ron Hunter

measekite wrote:
New Zealand has better lamb chops!

Douglas wrote:

Could be, but if my sources are correct, isn't NZ overselling them? It
seems that NZ had 6 times as many sheep only 15 years ago as they do
now... At that rate, they will be as extinct as the Moa.

Old March 26th 05, 09:42 AM
Ron Hunter

Douglas wrote:
"measekite" wrote in message
. com...

New Zealand has better lamb chops!

Yeah... At least they had the good sense to ban the bloody minded yanks from
bringing their Nuked ships of death into the country.

Douglas,
Please keep your anti-American trash in appropriate newsgroups.
You are getting annoying.

--
Ron Hunter
Old March 26th 05, 09:44 AM
Ron Hunter

Frank ess wrote:
Douglas wrote:

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Douglas wrote:

snipped

God bless America,
land of the free,
home of the brave and you better not say otherwise or they'll bomb
you off the face of the Earth!

Your misconceptions of laws in the US are downright amusing. Such
practices ARE illegal here, and any company who did what you describe
would be in big trouble. Mislabeling food products can result in
some ugly legal problems.

And you are WAY out of line with the last sentence.

--
Ron Hunter

Correct me if I'm wrong here

snip

stating the truth.

The formerly respectable Douglas has degenerated into a hysterical
soont. Some folks can't believe they exist without excessive amounts of
adrenaline and bile coursing through their systems, and if no
appropriate occasion arises, they will manufacture one out of whole
cloth.

Never mind embarrassing himself and all his country-mates, he's
asssuring himself of constant discomfort and early incapacitation and
demise. He should take my earlier advice: leave these groups and relax.

Well, I used to be almost as excitable, until I was diagnosed with HBP.
Perhaps he would live longer (and happier) with medication. Actually,
I suspect he is just a product of the distorted view of the US
engendered by news media both here, and in other countries.
Funny thing is, in this case, his OWN government is very much on the
side of the US.

--
Ron Hunter

Old March 26th 05, 09:46 AM
Ron Hunter

Douglas wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message

Never mind embarrassing himself and all his country-mates, he's asssuring
himself of constant discomfort and early incapacitation and demise. He
should take my earlier advice: leave these groups and relax.

--
Frank ess

Thank you for that Frank... Our prime Minister has done the embarrassing. I
often feel ashamed to be an Australian when I see what he has done in
concert with the US.

Unfortunately if you speak up against it you get branded an embarrassing
troublemaker and if you do nothing you just become one of despicable
mongrels. Which are you Frank?

Douglas

Speaking for myself. I am a Texan, and we believe in shooting first,
and being around to ask questions later.

--
Ron Hunter
Old March 26th 05, 09:48 AM
Ron Hunter

measekite wrote:

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

[...]

I can't see that. These stores provide the manufacturers with
specifications that lead into a contract. Big stores have departments
that inspect the goods and see that the products they buy do meet the
specifications they pay for. If Ilford was doing that kind of stuff
then I am sure they would intermittently short their own dealers and
sooner or later they would get caught.

And didn't they?
Sam's stocks thousands of items, many of which change frequently. I
doubt they examine every shipment of every product to assure that
quality hasn't been compromised. They rely on customer complaints to
catch such things.

--
Ron Hunter