NO SIGNAL FROM CPU

Old December 15th 03, 04:27 PM
Conman

Default NO SIGNAL FROM CPU

I bought a Dell 8200 about 2 years ago. It has a Pentium 4, 80 gig hd, cd
burner, dvd, 256 meg rdram and and Nvidia GeForce w/ 64 meg ram
I should mention I'm using XP. PROBLEM....I boot up and the machine behaves
normally but, the monitor does not turn on. YES the monitor works, is
plugged in, all the pins look good but for some reason the cpu does not tell
the monitor to turn on, so the monitor says "monitor working properly - no
signal from cpu".
This happened 6 months ago so I started using another machine and I just
tried it for kicks last night and it
worked. Now it just does it once in a while. Is it my Nvidia GeForce
card??? Help...please.

Please e-mail

Old December 15th 03, 06:37 PM
HamMan

"Conman" wrote in message
ink.net...
I bought a Dell 8200 about 2 years ago. It has a Pentium 4, 80 gig hd, cd
burner, dvd, 256 meg rdram and and Nvidia GeForce w/ 64 meg ram
I should mention I'm using XP. PROBLEM....I boot up and the machine

behaves
normally but, the monitor does not turn on. YES the monitor works, is
plugged in, all the pins look good but for some reason the cpu does not

tell
the monitor to turn on, so the monitor says "monitor working properly - no
signal from cpu".
This happened 6 months ago so I started using another machine and I just
tried it for kicks last night and it
worked. Now it just does it once in a while. Is it my Nvidia GeForce
card???

Try another card in there, sounds like the GF2's had it

Help...please.

Please e-mail

No, this is usenet, not email. NEVER post your address, and mung it to stop
spam

Old December 15th 03, 07:49 PM
Patch

"Conman" wrote in message
ink.net...
I bought a Dell 8200 about 2 years ago. It has a Pentium 4, 80 gig hd, cd
burner, dvd, 256 meg rdram and and Nvidia GeForce w/ 64 meg ram
I should mention I'm using XP. PROBLEM....I boot up and the machine

behaves
normally but, the monitor does not turn on. YES the monitor works, is
plugged in, all the pins look good but for some reason the cpu does not

tell
the monitor to turn on, so the monitor says "monitor working properly - no
signal from cpu".
This happened 6 months ago so I started using another machine and I just
tried it for kicks last night and it
worked. Now it just does it once in a while. Is it my Nvidia GeForce
card??? Help...please.

Please e-mail

Reseat the video card a few times, also check the cable going to the
monitor.

Old December 16th 03, 05:27 PM
Michael Henry

Same thing happened to me. I found that I needed a new video connector from
my monitor. Two wires had broken. My computer would boot but no video
signal.
ink.net...