A8N-VM no signal...HELP!

Old March 26th 06, 09:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default A8N-VM no signal...HELP!

Hello, we just installed an A8N-VM and the monitor cannot detect a
signal. The monitor works fine on a different PC. Fan, hard drives
and CD/DVD drive are all spinning. We've reset the CMOS. The Power
supply is a new Antek 400 so should be plenty. Unplugged and
reseated the monitor cables. We've tried disconnecting everything
but the monitor to try and get into the BIOS with no success. We've
tried using F1, F8 AND delete as it's booting to get into the BIOS
with no luck. I tried connecting a different monitor to it and that
one went straight into Sleep Mode (I think). When I unplugged the
cable, then the "no signal" screen displayed.

I'm totally at a loss!!! Can anyone help me????

Thank you so much in advance.

leslie

Old March 26th 06, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

"Leslie" wrote in message
m...
Hello, we just installed an A8N-VM and the monitor cannot detect a
signal. The monitor works fine on a different PC. Fan, hard drives
and CD/DVD drive are all spinning. We've reset the CMOS. The Power
supply is a new Antek 400 so should be plenty. Unplugged and
reseated the monitor cables. We've tried disconnecting everything
but the monitor to try and get into the BIOS with no success. We've
tried using F1, F8 AND delete as it's booting to get into the BIOS
with no luck. I tried connecting a different monitor to it and that
one went straight into Sleep Mode (I think). When I unplugged the
cable, then the "no signal" screen displayed.

I'm totally at a loss!!! Can anyone help me????

Thank you so much in advance.

leslie

It shouldn't matter (but might), but did you set the Primary Graphics
Adapter to IGP (assuming you are using the onboard video)? If you have a PCI
video card, you can see if it will work in place of the onboard nForce 6100
(change the above setting to PCI). If it does, I'd contact Asus's warranty
dept.

Old March 26th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

This is the specs for the Board you are running.CPU

Socket 939 for AMD Athlon 64FX / Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Technology
Chipset

NVIDIA GeForce 6100 + nForce 410
Front Side Bus

2000 / 1600 MT/s
Memory

4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 4GB
DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 ECC/ non-ECC,un-buffered memory
Dual Channel Architecture
VGA

Integrated GeForce 6 GPU
Expansion Slots

1 x PCI Express x16
1 x PCI Express x1
2 x PCI
Storage/RAID

2 x Serial ATA I/II 3Gb/s: RAID 0, RAID 1
2 x UltraDMA 133/100/66/33
NVIDIA MediaShield storage management technology
LAN

Integrated 10/100 Mb MAC with Realtek RTL8201CL external PHY
Audio

High Definition Audio, ADI AD1986A 5.1channel CODEC
Support Jack-Sensing and S/PDIF out interface
USB

8 USB2.0 ports
Special Features

ASUS Q-Fan
ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2
ASUS EZ Flash
ASUS MyLogo2
SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) from 200MHz to 240MHz at 1MHz
increment
Back Panel I/O Ports

1 x VGA
4 x USB
1 x 5.1 channel Audio I/O
1 x RJ45
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x Parallel
Internal I/O Connectors

2 x USB 2.0 connector supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports
1 x S/PDIF output connector
Front panel audio connector
CPU Fan / Chassis Fan connectors
Chassis Intrusion connector
CD audio-in connector
24-pin ATX power connector
4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 x COM connector
Support CD

Drivers
ASUS PC Probe II
ASUS LiveUpdate Utility
AMD Cool ' n' Quiet Utility
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
Accessories

1 x Ultra DMA 133/100/66 cable
1 x SATA cable
1 x SATA power cable
1 x FDD cable
1 x I/O Shield
User's manual
BIOS

4Mb Flash ROM, AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 2.0
Form Factor

uATX Form Factor, 9.6"x 9.6"(24.5cm x 24.5cm) . I'm ASUS K8N Series
with an AMD Athlon 64 3400 with it fine for me. I'm running a 450Watt
ATX Power Switching Supply. For the specs above I would recommend at
least 500 or higher ATX power supply. Also check the the riser setup
and also make sure all your risers are one size and quarter turn tight.
Also make sure you have a 24 pin setup not a 20 pin setup and also you
have to have the 4 pin setup for the board to. Also check your graphics
card for a PCI-E Power Connecter.