WDM and 5600XT?

Old December 20th 06, 02:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Edward

Default WDM and 5600XT?

Under Windows XP Pro, I installed the WDM (2.26_wdm-vivo.exe) driver,
and the nvodia video (93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe) driver
and still Movie Maker doesn't see any sort of video caputre device.

I tried installing the WDM driver then the video driver, then video
versa. No luck.
Where am I going wrong?

Old December 20th 06, 12:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Spack

Edward wrote on 19 Dec 2006 18:03:59 -0800:

Under Windows XP Pro, I installed the WDM (2.26_wdm-vivo.exe) driver,
and the nvodia video (93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe) driver
and still Movie Maker doesn't see any sort of video caputre device.

I tried installing the WDM driver then the video driver, then video
versa. No luck.
Where am I going wrong?

Are you sure you have a VIVO card? The WDM driver only works if you have a
VIVO port, you may have a TV out port which is only for outputting video,
not input (capture).

Dan

Old December 20th 06, 01:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Edward

Spack wrote:
Edward wrote on 19 Dec 2006 18:03:59 -0800:

Under Windows XP Pro, I installed the WDM (2.26_wdm-vivo.exe) driver,
and the nvodia video (93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe) driver
and still Movie Maker doesn't see any sort of video caputre device.

I tried installing the WDM driver then the video driver, then video
versa. No luck.
Where am I going wrong?

Are you sure you have a VIVO card? The WDM driver only works if you have a
VIVO port, you may have a TV out port which is only for outputting video,
not input (capture).

Dan

I am 100% sure. I did it before, but thanks to a dead hard drive I had
the privilege of reinstalling Windows.

Old December 20th 06, 11:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW

The 5600XT is NOT a video capture capable card.

--
DaveW

----------------
oups.com...

Old December 21st 06, 04:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Edward

DaveW wrote:
The 5600XT is NOT a video capture capable card.

--
DaveW

Well ****.
Anyway... is there a chart that can tell me which chipsets support
video capturing?
Also, with nvidia's VIVO, can I capture at 720 x 480 (standard NTSC
resolution?)

if somebody plopped a PAL camcorder would I be able to gram some analog
video over that as well? I have some European family who might drop
by, and their cameras are somewhat older - they're not technologically
adept...

Old December 27th 06, 09:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Spack

DaveW wrote on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:58:22 -0800:

The 5600XT is NOT a video capture capable card.

--
DaveW

And yet again you prove yourself an idiot.

http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/p...o=14&PISNo=241

So that card doesn't exist then, does it? Nor do any of the other 5600XT
cards with VIVO from MSI, PoV, etc.

Dan

Old December 27th 06, 09:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Spack

Edward wrote on 20 Dec 2006 05:08:19 -0800:

Spack wrote:
Edward wrote on 19 Dec 2006 18:03:59 -0800:

Under Windows XP Pro, I installed the WDM (2.26_wdm-vivo.exe) driver,
and the nvodia video (93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe) driver
and still Movie Maker doesn't see any sort of video caputre device.

I tried installing the WDM driver then the video driver, then video
versa. No luck.
Where am I going wrong?

Are you sure you have a VIVO card? The WDM driver only works if you have
a VIVO port, you may have a TV out port which is only for outputting
video, not input (capture).

Dan

I am 100% sure. I did it before, but thanks to a dead hard drive I had
the privilege of reinstalling Windows.

It's possible that you need the nVidia drivers from the card manufacturer
rather than the universal nVidia driver set then - there may be additional
features added by the card manufacturer to enable the VIVO capabilities
correctly. I vaguely remember having strange problems with my old LeadTek
GF4200 VIVO card and having to use the LeadTek drivers to get it working,
but alas I no longer have the card to test if that is still the case.

Dan

Old January 1st 07, 07:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Edward

Spack wrote:
[...]

****...

I guess its time to hit MSI's website.