Jumping the gun folks

Old September 18th 03, 10:46 PM
john dobbs

Default Jumping the gun folks

The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
really runs the next gen games.
Old September 19th 03, 12:47 AM
DaveL

Sure you say that now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Where were before the
HL2 benchies came out?

Dave

om...

Old September 19th 03, 02:06 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"john dobbs" wrote in message
om...
The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
really runs the next gen games.

I have a Ti4200 and I'll bet it plays HL2 just fine. When either the FX6000
or 9900 Pro drop below $150US, I'll consider buying one of them.

TMC

Old September 19th 03, 06:00 AM
tq96

The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the

That's true. However, the guys upgrading from a GF2 or GF3 are in a
different boat. I held onto a TNT2 Ultra before upgrading to a GF4 last
year. There's no way I would have wanted to wait any longer.
Old September 19th 03, 05:47 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Trapper" wrote in message

Sitting on my wallet like you should have been

And reading the reviews.

Mouse pointer jumping Colin D Asus Motherboards 4 December 4th 04 06:03 AM
Some ideas from you folks Mark G. Asus Motherboards 10 September 30th 04 06:34 AM
jumping white line with ATI RADEON 9600 videocard Ykarus Ati Videocards 0 August 27th 04 01:38 AM
What's this, folks... SleeperMan Cdr 5 April 11th 04 10:07 AM
OT; Well Thats all folks Home repair of computers obsolete JAD Homebuilt PC's 2 September 5th 03 12:37 PM