Buying advice?

Old March 26th 08, 06:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

Default Buying advice?

Burt wrote:
wrote in message
Frank said:

measekite, our ng troll, wrote:
....just his usual lies.
Frank

Objectionable, yes. But I've found terms like "lies" and "liar" to be
massively overused on NG's. Being utterly and irretrievably stupid
doesn't make what you say a lie, merely beside the point, inane, insane,
laughable, ridiculous, irritating, disgusting, pathetic, etc., etc., etc.

JimL

Jim - You are much too kind! This fool has literally hijacked this NG at
times and spreads misinformation willfully. He has been the typical troll,
insulting, character assasination, profane, spouting nonsense like
repetitive lines from nursery rhymes when rational responses fail him,
maligning decent vendors and their products, attempting to defame the people
who continually give excellent advice, etc. He has "fished" for newbies to
engage in ongoing malicious dialogue. And, yes, he often lies, cherry picks
from articles to take out of context items that fit his distorted views,
holds himself up to be an expert by regurgitating snippets from reviews
instead of simply giving the link to the review. He is not "irretrievably
stupid" - he is irretrievably obnoxious and deceitful. Most of us who have
wasted our time trying to reason with him have simply killfiled him and only
see his nonsense when someone leaves his post when responding to him.
Fortunately this NG is not plagued with many trolls, spammers, or flamers.
One hyperactive, unceasingly present Measekite is more than enough. What I
have written in this post are the best compliments I can muster up for him -
good thing I don't feel like being really critical today!

The best advice I can give to anyone is to kill file the trolling idiot
and be done with him.
Old March 26th 08, 08:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt[_3_]

"TJ" wrote in message
Frank said:

measekite, our ng troll, wrote:

....just his usual lies.
Frank

Objectionable, yes. But I've found terms like "lies" and "liar" to be
massively overused on NG's. Being utterly and irretrievably stupid
doesn't make what you say a lie, merely beside the point, inane, insane,
laughable, ridiculous, irritating, disgusting, pathetic, etc., etc., etc.

JimL

Measekite isn't stupid, but for some reason he wants to appear that way.
At least he's good for a laugh now and then, in between all the
misinformation.

Frank, on the other hand, seems to think that being an obnoxious bore is a
way of life. All he ever does on this newsgroup any more is call Measekite
a liar after any post that Measekite makes. It's become very old to
everybody else but him.

TJ

TJ - I would guess that you weren't on this NG three to four years ago.
Initially, I thought that it was somewhat amusing responding to MK and
seeing his less than helpful comments. As time went on, his responses
became more mean spirited, profane, and defamatory. I assume that,
following lots of complaints to his ISP from participants on this NG, he has
become more civil but no less deceitful in posting misinformation. Killfile
the creep and look to real comedians for your laughs!

Old March 27th 08, 04:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

TJ wrote:
measekite wrote:

TJ wrote:
wrote:
Frank said:

[...]

He antagonizes many others on the Ubuntu Linux forum. You ought to
see him in action. For some reason there are certain postings from a
variety of people that disturb his dementia. Maybe some day there
will be a cure.

If he finds one, you should ask the name of his doctor.

TJ

It seems like you do not need a recommendation as you have found one on
your own. However,lately I think you skipped your meds. Maybe you are
inhaling a lot of cow **** on your farm.
Old March 31st 08, 01:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

"Burt" said:

Objectionable, yes. But I've found terms like "lies" and "liar" to be
massively overused on NG's. Being utterly and irretrievably stupid
doesn't make what you say a lie, merely beside the point, inane, insane,
laughable, ridiculous, irritating, disgusting, pathetic, etc., etc., etc.

Jim - You are much too kind! This fool has literally hijacked this NG at

Yes, his kind are everywhere. The very best medicine for them is to
never, ever, answer them. Which brings me to a point. I don't know which
is worse. The troll or the nits who feed his ego by replying endlessly
and keeping him in control. A lot of us had to abandon a formerly great
technical NG when a bunch of runny nosed children started feeding him
numerous opportunities to blather.

I saw where someone advised this troll to keep someone's body parts away
from his rear. Instead of that sort of useless talk it would be far more
appropriate to find his real location and introduce him to a baseball bat
at the opposite end.

--

America always does the right thing, but only after exhausting all other possibilities, Winston
Churchhill.
Old March 31st 08, 01:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Michael Johnson said:

The best advice I can give to anyone is to kill file the trolling idiot
and be done with him.

Of course runny noses never listen to good advice.

JimL

Old March 31st 08, 01:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

TJ said:

All he ever does on this newsgroup any more is call
Measekite a liar after any post that Measekite makes. It's become very
old to everybody else but him.

TJ

Of course given that - in some people's imagination - the definition of a
liar is someone who disagrees with them it gets worse and worse.

JimL