Display Resolution

Old April 30th 07, 11:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Comcast[_2_]

Default Display Resolution

I have lost the ability to change the resolution of my display. It is at
1280x1024 which is fine but there is no way to change it in NVIDIA control
panel. I am using VISTA 64 and driver 97.46. I tried 158.18 but that one
only allows 1024x768. The monitor support 1920x1368 or so. Any have a
solution or same problem.

Old April 30th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_2_]

You did not mention what monitor you are using. Is it by any chance some
size of LCD?

--

DaveW

___________
. ..

Old May 1st 07, 04:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Corvus

"Joe" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..
The monitor is a Xerox XG-92D(19"). The video card is GeForce 7800GT.
"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
You did not mention what monitor you are using. Is it by any chance some
size of LCD?

--

DaveW

___________
. ..

MultiRes from www.entechtaiwan.com works fine.

Old May 2nd 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Fierce Guppy

"Comcast" wrote in message
. ..
I have lost the ability to change the resolution of my display. It is at
1280x1024 which is fine but there is no way to change it in NVIDIA control
panel. I am using VISTA 64 and driver 97.46. I tried 158.18 but that one
only allows 1024x768. The monitor support 1920x1368 or so. Any have a
solution or same problem.

I don't know how it works for Vista, but the monitor comes with a
configuration file (.ini file) for various OSes on a diskette and contains
information about the monitor which gets loaded to the registry so other
software can read it. You can also create your own resolution using the
"Manage Custom Timings" facility in the nVidia control panel, or at least it
works for XP.

FierceGuppy

(email fierce;guppy@paradise;net;nz)

Old May 8th 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

There's a hack. Go in to Custom settings and under
advanced, change any of the numerical settings by
1 number .. like 10 to 11. Exit, and that setting will
return to its default, and you will wake up Custom
Settings, so you can return and create the setting
you want.

johns