Temps on 8800 GTS?

Old April 24th 07, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

Default Temps on 8800 GTS?

Hey gang,

I have recently come back to Nvida, purchased a BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb card (
overclocked) here about a week ago.
I have been very happy with the results.

Just wanted to ask a question, in regards to GPU temps. I added some extra
cooling for my system, which is doing a great job bringing my system and cpu
temps down. I also have a pci card cooler just below the video card.

Anyways, as measured in NV Monitor, my GPU on the GTS typically runs around
61C at the desktop, and while running a 3d game gets up to 70-72C.

I know my Radeon X850XT that I had previously, was running hotter than that
when I had it in, but that was also before I added the extra cooling.

How does this stack up in regards to temps for the GTS, about right?

Thanks for any feedback,

--
Don

Old April 25th 07, 12:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

Thanks Dave. I figured those temps were probably ok, just wanted to check
with others to know for sure.

--
Don

Old April 25th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos

Don Burnette wrote:
Hey gang,

I have recently come back to Nvida, purchased a BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb card (
overclocked) here about a week ago.
I have been very happy with the results.

Just wanted to ask a question, in regards to GPU temps. I added some extra
cooling for my system, which is doing a great job bringing my system and cpu
temps down. I also have a pci card cooler just below the video card.

Anyways, as measured in NV Monitor, my GPU on the GTS typically runs around
61C at the desktop, and while running a 3d game gets up to 70-72C.

I know my Radeon X850XT that I had previously, was running hotter than that
when I had it in, but that was also before I added the extra cooling.

How does this stack up in regards to temps for the GTS, about right?

Thanks for any feedback,

Currently mine runs 54C to 62C (idle - load).

Vista and 8800 GTX SLI Reggie Hillier Nvidia Videocards 4 March 24th 07 03:32 AM
BFG 8800 GTS OC 320mb versus BFG 8800 GTS OC 640mb Jethro Nvidia Videocards 4 March 21st 07 02:24 PM
8800 GTX or not? [email protected] Nvidia Videocards 47 February 7th 07 09:26 PM
8800 gtx Catfish Nvidia Videocards 0 January 6th 07 07:28 AM
CPU temps/Chas temps high Phil, Squid-in-Training Overclocking 3 December 13th 04 02:45 PM