nVidia and the Zalman Monitor = stereoscopic viewing

Old December 7th 09, 06:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
P. Langholm

Default nVidia and the Zalman Monitor = stereoscopic viewing

Hi all,
I own a Zalman 22' screen and and graphics card 9800 GTX. I use this
hardware for 3D stereoscopiv viewing frequently.
I noticed that nVidia has removed the specific mentioning of Zalman on their
Website, the way they used to do. In fact, I ignore if their latest drivers
still support 3D viewing on the Zalman.
Does anyone here know more about this...?
Thanks for letting me know.

Old December 8th 09, 12:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Wile E. Coyote

P. Langholm wrote:
Hi all,
I own a Zalman 22' screen and and graphics card 9800 GTX. I use this
hardware for 3D stereoscopiv viewing frequently.
I noticed that nVidia has removed the specific mentioning of Zalman on
their Website, the way they used to do. In fact, I ignore if their
latest drivers still support 3D viewing on the Zalman.
Does anyone here know more about this...?
Thanks for letting me know.

Probably because they want customers to buy their proprietary 3D Vision
instead. Zalman uses same method that iZ3D monitor uses to display 3D
and is not tied to any specific video card brand. ATI or Nvidia will
work and it is Zalman who provide you with the drivers for 3D and not
Nvidia. The Nvidia driver for 3D uses a completely different method to
display 3D. Check out iZ3D website as they provide some drivers that you
could probably use but some you must pay for. I don't know how Zalman
driver updates is for their 3D monitor but I imagine iZ3D provides
better support because that is all they specialize in, unlike Zalman.

http://www.iz3d.com/
Old December 9th 09, 07:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
P. Langholm

Dear Wile,
Many thanks for your most appreciated reply.
There is however a little doubt, if you let me say so, about what you said.
My point is that Zalman never offered drivers (not that I know of); I ran a
3D driver from nVidia which was specifically built for the Zalman monitor.
That driver apparently disappeared from the nVidia Website without a trace
(remember the novel 1984? If you can control the past...!).
I agree with your suspicion that, now that nVidia has a product, they may
dump other commitments with their commercial smile, however this was my only
reason to buy this Zalman hardware.
Is it too early to feel screwed ... or what !? Holy mother of Jesus.
Complicated times with partners like these, isn't it?
Thanks for posting.