A8N-SLI Driver Install Problem - Weird

Old December 29th 04, 10:25 PM
40 PC SOCKET SET

Default A8N-SLI Driver Install Problem - Weird

When installing the nForce Chipset Drivers from the CD that came with my
MoBo, I have found that the installation fails if I choose to install the
firewall software

I get four error messages.

1. Failed to copy FW_WATCH.EXE

2. Could not copy APP_POPUP.EXE

3. Could not copy APPFLTUI.DLL

4. Could not run NTRAYFW.EXE

Is anyone else getting this error, and if so... how did you fix it?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jon

Old December 31st 04, 08:58 AM
tecknotot

I installed the drivers and had no problems. My only problem is that
my video card in nVidia properties, says PCI EXpress x8 instead of x16
and i wanna know how to change that.

Old January 8th 05, 11:19 AM
Paul

In article , tecknotot wrote:

I installed the drivers and had no problems. My only problem is that
my video card in nVidia properties, says PCI EXpress x8 instead of x16
and i wanna know how to change that.

Check your "Asus EZ Selector" card. It is a little board that can be
rotated two ways, before being inserted into the connectors on the
motherboard. The little board is used to steer the wiring of the
motherboard. When turned one way, all 16 serial busses are wired
to one PCI-Express slot. That gives x16 mode. When turned the other
way, 8 serial busses go to one slot and 8 serial busses go to the
other slot. That mode is useful for SLI dual card configs, and I
expect you've got the "EZ Selector" set for dual card mode, when
you really want it to be single card mode.

See section 6.2.1 on page 6-2 of the user manual.

You have to make that physical change to the EZ selector card,
as well as a BIOS change, to change from SLI to non-SLI mode.
At least, if you want to have optimal bus bandwidth.

Before you switch the selector card, run some version of 3DMark.
Power down, rotate the card and run 3DMark again. You should find
only a slight difference between your video card running x8 and x16.

Paul