GA-K8NXP-SLI cpu upgrade?

Old October 26th 07, 06:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
jerryn3

Default GA-K8NXP-SLI cpu upgrade?

Can anyone tell me what is the fastest CPU I can put in this MB and be
stable?

Thanks,
Jerry

Old October 28th 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:50:52 -0000, jerryn3
wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is the fastest CPU I can put in this MB and be
stable?

Thanks,
Jerry

Try
here....http://tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Moth...ProductID=1859
DP
Old October 28th 07, 04:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is the fastest CPU I can put in this MB and be
stable?

Thanks,
Jerry

Try
here....
http://tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Moth...ProductID=1859
DP

The FX60 looks pretty fast. I believe it is dual core, but it is hard to get that
part of the info here.

http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskto...=&f8=&f9=2000&

The bottom five entries here, are the dual core Opterons from 165 to 185.

http://products.amd.com/en-us/downlo...nce_101607.pdf

Some discussion here, about the options.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/199416-28-fx57-fx60

Paul

Old November 1st 07, 12:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Robin Gordon

I had an opty 144 and with the memory stepped down and the HTT reduced to 1x
(have to do on this mobo) I was able to get 2.6GHz stable until I put four
sticks in and then it went down to 2.5GHz. Bought an FX55 and thought it
would be easy if it worked on a 144 but alas it BSODs all the time even at
stock voltages and speeds. Most of the time it boots at 193MHz FSB but I
cant set it to this in BIOS so I dont know why it does this.
It seems that if you want a stable system then a cheap or mid-range CPU
would offer a better upgrade path rather than splashing out on a really top
CPU.

HTH

Robin

Old November 8th 07, 08:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
jerryn3

On Nov 1, 6:29 am, "Robin Gordon" wrote:
I had an opty 144 and with the memory stepped down and the HTT reduced to 1x
(have to do on this mobo) I was able to get 2.6GHz stable until I put four
sticks in and then it went down to 2.5GHz. Bought an FX55 and thought it
would be easy if it worked on a 144 but alas it BSODs all the time even at
stock voltages and speeds. Most of the time it boots at 193MHz FSB but I
cant set it to this in BIOS so I dont know why it does this.
It seems that if you want a stable system then a cheap or mid-range CPU
would offer a better upgrade path rather than splashing out on a really top
CPU.

HTH

Robin

Thanks for all the replies. I thought I would surly find someone with
this MB who has upgraded to a dual-core CPU and not had any problems.
Maybe this is a sign???

Jerry