S\\Setting up RAID with 965P-DQ6 (rev. 2.0)

Old October 14th 07, 09:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Justin[_4_]

Default S\\Setting up RAID with 965P-DQ6 (rev. 2.0)

I have a Gigabyte 965sp-dq6 and I'm not exactly sure how to set up a
mirrored volume on it.
In the BIOS do I set it to RAID, install the second drive, and boot
into Windows? I have the floppy disk with the F6 drivers. Also, there
is a normal hard drive currently installed. I'm hoping I can just
install the second drive and build the volume.

Justin

Old October 15th 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
peter

install the 2 drives...set BIOS to RAID........when system starts you will
get RAID configuration utility...watch for it
Configure the RAID...........chances are you will need to format.....maybe
create partitions if you so chose
Then reboot and install the OS of your choice....XP I guess by the F6 option
which you will need to use to load the Raid Sata drivers
peter

Old October 15th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
old man

If win is currently installed on a sata drive, having added second sata
drive, then set bios to raid enabled, on reboot you should be able to enter
raid config and build the array.
Thats the usuall scenario, however your mobo manual will give specific
instructions, as raid setup often varys by mobo

Old October 20th 07, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Justin[_5_]

So I can't install a second drive and rebuild the volume?
I'd rather not reinstall the OS.

Setting up RAID Terry Homebuilt PC's 4 September 3rd 07 01:16 AM
RAID 1 installation for GA 965P S3, help! SoundMan Gigabyte Motherboards 7 January 19th 07 10:24 AM
GA-965P-DS4 installed SATA Raid Mirror with DVR Milamber Gigabyte Motherboards 6 September 9th 06 05:09 AM
P4C800E-Deluxe: Setting up IDE (non-Raid) on Raid Ultra133 connector?? Tony S Asus Motherboards 2 April 11th 04 03:37 AM
Setting up RAID...... Ralph Dellinger Asus Motherboards 4 January 31st 04 06:13 PM